Z-Wave Network Repair / Routes

Thanks! How did you determine that you had a dead device? All my devices work, I just have unpredictable slowdowns.

All the Z-wave devices I have so far are smart switches and dimmers. Mostly Zooz with a few Leviton and one GE/Jasco. All are Z-wave plus.

The heart of my house is a 22ft x 50ft space which incorporates the kitchen, dining room, wet bar, and living room. Leading out of it are three hallways, the front entry, and multiple glass sliding doors to the porch and patio.

There are 30 switches at various points around this one room that operate a large number of interior and exterior lights. Out of my 23 Z-wave devices, 19 are in this one space. I’ve also got 2 GE Zigbee devices (a switch and a dimmer).

All the Z-wave repair errors I get involve the devices in this one room. I’ve looked at the routes and they are nonsensical. Devices in the same multi-gang box will route in completely opposite directions. See this thread:

I see the slow responses when triggering scenes, either via the new, STSC app or via Alexa. What I usually see is instant response for most devices in the scene, with a 30 to 60 second delay on one or two random devices.

I don’t use WebCore, what Automations I have are in Smart Lighting or the new STSC Automations.

I’ve lamented about this before including on a thread I started here:

Would love to figure this out.