Z-Wave + integrated blinds/shades: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Shades

This worked!!! Changed to Z-wave Dimmer Switch - Generic

1 Like

It’s odd, I haven’t been able to replicate it and glad my suggestion helped.

Thanks! I was wondering how it paired by default to dimmer.

1 Like

It is supposed to be dimmer by default… not sure why the bali one’s are not pairing as a dimmer.

I looked at the website and priced a couple of projects I have in mind. The prices are definitely better than anyplace else I approached before.

Well we try to be as competitive as possible and also offer additional discounts and offers from time to time. Discounts are updated in the coupon thread that’s linked in the first post.

I installed 3 roller blinds last week, posted a video review here:

http://misterhouse.blogspot.com/2016/08/voice-controlled-curtains-using-graber.html

Overall happy with these curtains. Much nicer/easier then dealing with old somfy RTS protocol and interfaces.

1 Like

Thank you for the video review!

I tried to add the shades to smartthings and I ended up into the issue that you have explained in the troubleshooting section which is blinds go just few inches up or down. After adding to smartthings, my remote stopped working and I am not sure how to make the remote work again.

Please go through this video to add the remote to the shade: https://youtu.be/8mTF8uF7jnE?t=1m51s

And then do the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtuimePrstE

If you still can’t get it to work just pm me and I can help you over skype or something similar.

Thanks… The videos were very helpful to resolve the issues. I was little skeptic at the beginning, but quite impressed with the shades once I have them working. Also, support from Zebrablinds website (chat feature) and here is incredible. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I’ll pass on the feedback. Thanks!

@ZebraBlinds Just letting you know that I placed an order on 8/25 after seeing the videos and ease of install. As you noted, there was a 7-10 day manufacture time and it was marked as shipped on day 10 (along with a FedEx tracking number). FedEx anticipated a delivery date of today, 9/9, however upon tracking it still shows as “label created”.

I contacted support and they indicated that it is still waiting to be shipped which is typical for 3-4 DAYS following manufacture. Just came here to say that it seems a little misleading to say “ships in 7-10 days” when all you’re doing is marking it as shipped and creating a label, but sitting on it for another 1/2 week. Guess I won’t be installing before the weekend.

We mark them as shipped when the manufacturer does so. For some orders we have noticed that it takes an additional 2 - 4 days to actually update in Fedex. Please note we can only update the information as it is provided by the manufacturer.

Usually these do ship in 3 - 10 working days.

Just a note: We have received a notice from the manufacturer that a small batch of remotes shipped with dead batteries. If you are affected please inform me and I will have replacements issued.

Understood. Thank you for the information. Still looking forward to receiving!

Edit: RECEIVED and it works great. And get this, the wife loves it. Great product @ZebraBlinds

1 Like

Just to make it’s even more awesome to control your shades since you can’t use the button after direct paring the shades to ST. I use a minimote and tablet running smarttiles to control them. With minimote, wall mount table Smarttiles and ST app. Wife is quite happy. Minimote is local processing as well.

You should still be able to use the button. The video instructions in the first post should show it at the end.

Hi Neal,
I emailed last time that the battery was dead on one of the shades. It happened again with the new shades that came last week.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Hey Sanjay,

Can you send me your order number by pm? I’ll have replacement batteries sent out for the remote.