Yale Connexis L1 Battery change

Currently I have Duracell Ultra Power batteries
But yes I have purchased the industrial 50 pack at around 16 pounds a the other week
I have tested the batteries again and we are now 1.53 so thats a 0.05 drain in a week.
If 0% is 1.30 should get another 4.5 weeks
if 0% is 1.25 should get another 5.5 weeks

These batteries were in it for a week without a module installed

Tested a new Duracell Ultra Power 1.62
Tested a new Duracell Industrial 1.60

1.60 - 1.30 = 0.30/0.05 equals 6 weeks
50 industrial batteries £15.79/50 = £0.3158 x 4 = £1.26
50/4 = 12.5 x 6 = 75 weeks

On holiday for a week from tomorrow so will be interesting seeing the battery usage with no locks/unlocks

Very interested in the results of these tests.

The batteries are still in the lock today currently at 65%
So its been 70 days today since the module went in

1 Like

yep is looking promising
i have been using mine with new lock and module for a week now and lost 3% battery so far , so for me a lot better usage than before

1 Like

@Behold81

This week best yet, no change still at 65%

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks

UPDATE - Currently at 44% after 99 days

I also now track the amount of locks and unlocks the device has done today its been a month since I set that up and its done 358 (Please note a quarter of these will be from the inside unlocking so its a manual unlock not a motor unlock)
Works out at just under 12 per day so around 9 motor uses per day

1 Like

Did removing Alexa affect battery life? Was the version 2 module any better than v1 for battery life? Sorry for the late post but I’m researching now and came across this thread

See my posts above, this lock officially only supports the V2 module there are old V2 modules that if you contact Yale they will send you a updated one. My graphs above are with the lock connected to alexa even though UK users cant do anything with locks yet, ActionTiles, InfluxDB, Simple Device Viewer, Google, SharpTools, webCoRE & Rboys lock notification app

1 Like

My Zwave network has officially shit the bed - See here Zwave Lag Problems - Zwave Map

Both locks have had there zwave modules pulled today as they have just chewed though two sets of batteries in a week

Front Door Lock
Grafana%20%20%20SmartThings%20(5)
Back Door Lock
Grafana%20%20%20SmartThings%20(4)