Yale Conexis L1 is showing as “not currently supported” on Alexa app

Good Evening all,
Apologies in advance for the long post.

I have had my smart home running with ST at it’s heart for about 6months. I started with the Yale Conexis L1 and connected it to my virtual assistant via SmartThings and the z-wave (2nd gen) dongle and have quite quickly collected several other devices.

All is going reasonably well, a couple of drop offs every now and then but otherwise ok.

I have a “bed sensor” or presence sensor that I rigged up with a zigbee open/close sensor and a pressure sensor for the seatbelt unplugged warning from a car seat.
This has been working very well for my “goodnight” routine trigger in Alexa. The routine shuts everything off around the house, locks the front door and then finally checks the status of the lock and tells me it’s status via the echo show I have on my night stand (for piece of mind). However last night the echo told me that “front door lock doesn’t support that”.

I have gone into the Alexa app today and it says Error this device is not currently supported. I can toggle the lock through ST and on the Alexa app but I cannot get the routine to check the status of the lock anymore.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a work around or fix for this?

Thank you for your time,
Sorry again for the long post.

The most common reason for this error is because you’ve added a second device or a group that has a similar name, and then it gets confused between them. For example, I have seen this happen when someone added a door sensor so they had “front door sensor“ and front door lock.“

You wouldn’t think it would happen, but it does.

So first check your device list in the Alexa app and see if there are any groups, scenes, or devices with a similar name. :thinking:

@JDRoberts,
Thank you for your reply,

I have looked through the devices, routines etc, and there are no others that have a similar name.

I haven’t played around with any of my smart home apps for the last week or so, so I don’t know why this has happened now.

Curious.

Thanks again for your reply.

1 Like

OK, if it was me, the next thing I would do is contact Amazon support, which you can do through the Alexa app. They may end up telling you you have to get in touch with one of the other companies, but they are usually the quickest to respond and they may be able to see something that you can’t.

1 Like

Thanks @JDRoberts ,

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a shot.

Once I get a response I will respond here.

1 Like

I’ve checked mine this morning and can confirm its still working correctly in Alexa.
Have you tried removing any re-adding? Or just changing the name in Smartthings to see if this change is picked up in Alexa?

1 Like

@JDRoberts

Sorry for the very late reply, I did as you suggested and got in contact with amazon. They asked me to call them as the issue seemed too complicated to troubleshoot via email. Before I could call them (have been quite busy) I accidentally fixed the issue.

I was having an issue with the news flash not playing correctly on my bedside show. So I factory reset it. Now the news plays and all of the echos in the house and the Alexa app can find and interact with the lock.

1 Like