Xiaomi vibration sensor

I’ve also paired it, and seen it working ok. As far as I remember it took ages to pair - the Aqara devices are not fun to pair, and this was the worst.

1 Like

Hello, I use this device on a door, I want to switch on the light if I move the door but on sensitiviti high I open and dosnt detect anything, I must open the door strongly!! :)…. this is so??

thanks.

I wrote the DTH for the Aqara Vibration Sensor, and the Sensitivity Level Setting does not work yet. So your sensor might be set to “low” sensitivity.

But with detecting a door opening, I would recommend using a door / window contact sensor instead of the vibration sensor.

Example: Aqara Door / Window Contact Sensor, model MCCGQ11LM (9.10€ on Gearbest)

aqaradoor

Keith,
After a couple of "missed approaches " I was finally able to pair two of these to my Smartthings v2 hub. I have mounted one to the side of my mother’s mailbox so she will be notified of mail delivery. Works GREAT!
Thanks for a great contribution.

1 Like

Will it be possible to ever use the “high” sensitivity setting for these?

Yes. I figured out how to do it on the Hubitat Hub, though it’s not 100% reliable because of the strange way Aqara set it up in their hardware. I am working on porting that method to the SmartThings device handler (DTH).

1 Like

Man that would be great!

Any new developments on sensitivity for the vibration sensor?

Also, I can’t get push notifications to work and webcore doesn’t see this device for some reason even though I can select it under capability option

Mine connects fine with long list of attributes, just in case you were thinking it might be a general issue.

Thanks for confirming that yours is working fine. What DTH are you using for your aqara vibration sensor? Maybe I’m using the wrong DTH( Xiaomi Aqara Vibration Sensor for Model DJT11LM Version 0.91b )

Yes, I am still using the ‘bspranger’ DTH for the Vibration Sensor, even if I can’t find a use for it. I just added it via the webCoRE SmartApp and it popped up in webCoRE straight away.

Ok, that’s the same DTH I’ve been using. Maybe my vibration sensor is bad. I’ll try to remove and repair to hub to see if that would produce better results.

The IDE tends to suggest it is communicating fine. It might be you just need to delete it from webCoRE and add it again.

I’m a bit vague because I thought for a tenner it was worth a look to see if I could find a use for it and I haven’t yet. I also don’t use the Classic app which makes it a bit more tedious to configure things like the open and closed positions.

Weird, it started to work after I pressed the reset button. I didn’t depress it long like when you perform an actual reset but a quick press to light up the blue light and now everything is working without any configuration changes. The Echo Speaks action to announce voice alert and push message that I had previously set are working well.

I still can’t see the vibration sensor listed under available physical device in webCORE smartapp but doesn’t matter now since Echo Speaks is handling that aspect for me.

@veeceeoh Have you had the time/desire to work on this? If not, would you know if the sensitivity setting resides on a chip inside the sensor, or Aqara cloud service? In other words, would I be able to pair the sensor with a Xiaomi hub, change the setting, then connect to ST with the new sensitivity setting in place?

Thanks for all the work you’ve done on developing the DTH’s for Xiaomi sensors!

Hi; I’m using your Aqara/Xiaomi Vibration Sensor DTH and it seems to be very reliable. But I have been researching the sensitivity level settings and it seems that it’s always blank. I’ve tried using “changesensitivity” routine in your DTH, which if I read it correctly (I don’t know Java/Groovy :slight_smile: ) it should at least reset to the value of “1”. Have you tested this? Or do you suggest I use the bspranger DTH … much obliged

I bought one out of curiosity and never got around to testing it to any great extent. Clearly I never got around to finishing converting the handler to my tastes as the sensitivity stuff was clearly only half done, though I’m not convinced it would ever have worked to set the sensitivity in the first place.

I think it needs a tad more work on it.

Thanks for the quick response;

Yeah I’ve been spending a lot of time with this one and it certainly behaves differently than the bspranger’ DTH. In many ways I prefer yours, as it seems to report more information. But I haven’t been logging the differences becasue I wasn’t sure I knew what I was doing anyway. so I’ll try & do that this weekend and get you some feedback.

FWIW: Yeah I’m beginning to think I don’t have a use for this sensor either. It seems to log vibration in ‘activity level’ (the bovious difference with 'bspranger DTH) but there’s no event tied to that so I can’t use it directly. What seems to be the ‘vibration event’ is really an acceleration event (as you know) but it has to be fairly violent (like a physical shake of the sensor). I was trying to detect if my compressor in the shop was left on becasue it doesnt run continuously so if left on it may start running in the middle of the night … very annoying. But if the sensor isnt vibration sensitive enough that becomes a problem.

I’ll let you know if I get anymore info on your DTH.

PS: I’m using all your Aqara/Xiaoma DTHs and they seems to work fine for me on my ST v3

I swapped the mapping of ‘vibration’ and ‘tilt’ from the bspranger DTH. The app presents the acceleration attribute as ‘Vibration’ (no idea why) so it made sense to use that for vibration, meaning tilt is now motion.

I’m not entirely sure what the activity level actually is. It seems to be an indication of recent activity. I can see it decreasing with time when my sensor does nothing. It seems to be displayed on the dashboard tile at the moment. That certainly isn’t intentional. I think it is a side effect of fixing the custom capability presentation.

did you get anywhere with vibration sensitivity - I can’t seem to adjust it sadly