Xiaomi devices on sale (buttons/sensors/cubes)

They also have a gateway from Xaioni Mi that can serve as a Siren or a Door Bell and you can upload your own MP3 files to it.

http://www.gearbest.com/living-appliances/pp_344667.html?wid=21

The plug is Chinese, but if you get an adapter, the USA voltage will be enough to run it.
I seen it on my trip to Shenzhen, China this Lunar New Year. And all of these products work great.

Ya this is the biggest reason I made this topic. I have read the DTH before but haven’t been really able to find them for sale anywhere. Thought i would share a link to help out. Once sale is gone imma buy straight from manufacturers.

@a4refillpad , are you suggesting they will stop working or lose whatever comparability they have now? I just got a few to play with a.few months ago and.was.thinking of purchasing more. They’ve been behaving rather well for me so far.

@Squidward
Thanks again for posting this deal.
I just bought some. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s no guarantee they will work, unfortunately. Previously, there have been failed attempts and then suddenly towards the end of last year they seemed to work. All I’m saying, is that it could easily go the other way all of a sudden.
However, if you think about it, with the smartthings platform, are there any guarantees any community supported devices will stay supported in the future? All we know now is that they seem to work great, they’re cheap and the build quality is great.

2 Likes

They were developed based on HA1.2 but did not fully follow all the protocol. That’s why the sensor can connect to Hub but since there is a mismatch of information, the Hub did not receive that message that the sensor is connected. That’s why adding the device manually into HA always work because the sensor is already connected

1 Like

Just received 4 buttons. 2 paired after pressing the pairing button a few million times but seem to work well once paired. Need to figure out what to do with the two spares. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got 3 more door/window sensors from GearBest today and had them all paired in under 5 mins. First one reported battery in 9 mins. Still waiting on the other 2.

I spend more time hanging them where I want them than pairing them now. :joy: Love these things! When I see them go back in the $7 range on GB I’m gonna load up on them for all my first floor windows and maybe even some inside doors/cabinets. Can’t beat the value vs the competition. Range is excellent too.

2 Likes

Quick refresher for me if you can please. Possibly a question directly for you @a4refillpad (again)

Are we now of the opinion that both the Xiaomi and the Orvibo battery powered sensors don’t like repeaters and that they ideally need to be within good range of the ST hub to work consistently (or have I missed the point along the way).

Thanks

1 Like

@brumster I have a 6 bedroom house with 3 levels. In this house I have over 100 zigbee devices which are roughly divided into a third to ST, a third to orvibo and another third to xiaomi sensors. Without repeaters, my zigbee devices would just not work everywhere so I know then are definitely used.

My findings are that ST outlets repeat very well for everything.
Smart bulbs (osrams) just cannot cope with the amount of zigbee traffic on my network, so I minimise connecting them directly. These caused random instability in the zigbee mesh.
Xiaomi outlets seem to work well as repeaters initially but after a time causes both my orvibos and especially my official smartthings sensors the most grief. I don’t know if I have some faulty ones or if it’s related to load, but got really fed up of resetting and rejoining the smartthings motions. I endured it for over a month and I had to remove them all. At that point stability immediately resumed afterwards, so there was no doubt these were the culprit.

These are my personal experiences but others have seen different behaviour due to different devices deployed and quantities possibly.

2 Likes

[quote=“a4refillpad, post:27, topic:78892, full:true”]
Smart bulbs (osrams) just cannot cope with the amount of zigbee traffic on my network, so I minimise connecting them directly. These caused random instability in the zigbee mesh.[/quote]

Hi Wayne,

Can you expand on that some please? Are you saying that if you connected your Osram bulbs directly to ST (not the Osram gateway) that the bulbs would caused instability in your zigbee mesh? Does that mean you are connecting the bulbs to the Osram gateway instead? If so, can you still control them via ST?

[quote=“a4refillpad, post:27, topic:78892, full:true”]
Xiaomi outlets seem to work well as repeaters initially but after a time causes both my orvibos and especially my official smartthings sensors the most grief.[/quote]

So your opinion is to stay away from the Xiaomi outlets then?

Please see the below article. There is a mention of this at the bottom of the article. I think it came about due to the investigations I initiated with the engineering team some time ago.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/214191863

YMMV but I think it’s related to the amount and type of kit you have as others have not indicated there being any issues. I cannot personally recommend but I’m not saying it’ll be the same for everyone. I was reticent hosting a version of the DH for the outlets if I was not using them myself.

1 Like

Their Xiaomi Mi Door sensor is also on sale. Just scooped a few for my house.

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-light-bulb/pp_257677.html?wid=21

Just so you guys don’t fall for these so called sales. I’ve bought them at much lower prices than they are currently in the past.

1 Like

Yes, those door sensors were about £1.40 cheaper a couple of days ago…
The prices fluctuate constantly - when to decide to hit the ‘buy’ button is always a bit of a gamble. Good job they’re cheap at any price within their typical price ranges.

1 Like

I have read that the osram lights can deffinetly mess up the relay signal to other devices. There is a version you can get of them in UK only that can connect to the hue bridge and then to ST. People have said that this helps with the relay issue.

1 Like

I have a cheap smart plug from the Amazon sale a few weeks ago that is allowing my Xiaomi sensors in the back of the house to work well. It’s the centralite plug.

2 Likes

Which is what the ST ones are. Noted. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks Wayne. I know about the Osram bulbs not working well as repeaters. I took your post to mean that they could induce issues in an otherwise good zigbee mesh. From the short bit in that article, it seems that they only mess up devices if they are used as the repeater to reach those devices.

With regard to the Osram gateway, it is a primary zigbee coordinator and so is the smartthings hub and a device can only be attached to one of those. At the present time there is no API to allow the smartthings hub to communicate with the Osram Gateway. So you can’t use the gateway with your SmartThings account.