Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee Switch DTH--help needed

Ah…the dth I have is for the switch…

for my use I found it more useful to use it as a button

Ya, but that’s a totally different hardware.

maybe I was wrong:
I use this switch as if it was a button:this

So you’re saying the code you use with this switch is able to set as with push and held?

unfortunately for some days no longer works this way, I do not know what has happened, I still have to check it out

Hi gents,
does anyone already tried with this Aqara double key Remote Wall swich? (wall stick version)
Looks quite interesting

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Aqara-Smart-Switch-Light-Remote-Control-ZiGBee-wifi-Wireless-Key-Wall-Switch-work-with/32812462582.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.19aejN

Have one installed and others still in the box. The one which is already in the wall, didn´t pair yet properly e.g. I couldn´t get the catchall event yet. Will try soon again to get this and test if any of the device handlers does the job for me.

1 Like

Yup, have it. Both button does the same thing. Not sure how to write a dth that reads the button differently.

Which device handler do you use and how did you pair it? I can´t get the device handlet in the list of events pressing the button 5 seconds until it flashed red and searching at same type for new devide in the app… Frustrating :slight_smile:

Edit:

Hm got an id which I added to the device handler I have. I get first this error message as well when I try to edit the device handler:

Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/device/show/d3e6fa8c-5774-4add-b337-1d99f679f406
Reference Id
cbb6227c-269d-4122-834f-f188dad6dd7b
Date
Fri Sep 29 13:17:21 UTC 2017

But I am also getting in the list of events some results. When I physically push the button it shows up but if I try to push button in the app, nothing happens:

I deleted the device handler and two things happened:

1. The lights switched off
  2. Got this error in the API:

“Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.”

I spent some time looking the 2 button aqara wireless button switch

To make sure we talking about the same thing. its WXKG02LM

I’m afraid there is no way to discriminate which button is pressed. This is because the ST backend parser pre-processes the catchall and only returns on/off:1 without the endpoint ID.

This effectively renders the 2 button version useless. Only the single button version can be used with ST platform, until they change their backend to return more info to the device handler.

If you need a DTH with the wired switch version, to control dumb bulbs (with or without neutral), pls refer to the below link

2 Likes

Can we raise this with ST support to be implemented?

Good luck. SmartThings has frozen submissions and Integration a little bit ago.

What does that mean? They frozen development?

SmartThings is currently Not accepting any submissions for official integration. This has been stated recently by SmartThings.

Im cool about that. Official support of end devices carries a support price tag.

What dami was referring to was the broken, filtered catch-all situation.

Endpoint Ids are filtered by the st backend. Dh dont have enough info to know which endpoint sent the messages.

4 Likes

Got a Dual Switch… Have it working with the Button Handler and it shows its being used… YET it won’t trigger any light I have it hooked too… (using the Smart App from Samsung the Automate Lights scenes and switches smart app) yet no joy in Mud vill Any Ideas ???

Okay, so we know that CURRENTLY these devices are unusable.
But do we have a chance to convince ST guys to do anything to fix it in the foreseeable future? (I mean to get the endpoint ID, or to access the “catchall” that triggered the on/off event)

I’m in the middle of replacing my old PLCBus-based lighting control to a more flexible solution (I chose Zigbee with an ST hub as the heart of it. And I hate the multi-hub solution, it’s… it’s simply ugly). I’ve already built endpoints with custom firmware for myself, it was fun, but I don’t want to jump into a never-ending project because of these switches… It’s not that I can’t live without them (I’ve burnt much more money along the way), but there may or may not be other, currently unknown restrictions in the ST ecosystem that render my whole home control system a big pile of paperweight… and I’d love to avoid that.

So… instead of asking for alternatives to ST :slight_smile: , I try to be more constructive:

• Where to start? Where should we write, who should we ask?
  • Are there any more similar issues that prevent devices to be integrated into ST?
  • Are there any more devices that cannot be integrated because of this very issue?

Good Day All
can some one tell me the process they used to get their Xiaomi Aqara Smart Light Switch Wireless Version paired to the ST hub i have the DHT by aarick created in ST, but cant get the button to pair