Xiaomi Aqara Light Control Smart Switch work or NOT with ST

Hi,

I’m a new in SmartThings community.
I want to buy Xiaomi Aqara Light Control Smart Switch form gearbest website and I want to connect it with my SmartThings Hub
https://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626699.html?wid=21

But I want to know if it is working with SmartTHings as others xiaomi devices or not.

Please If yes, I want latest Device handler which working without problems.

Yes is the short answer. But needs a little work

@adam_walker
Thank you very much.

I got some topics but I confuse… :confounded:
for that I type this topic to get latest update.

So, This Device Handler is working fine, Right?

If it’s the wired one yes. Just follow the instructions in that thread and you will be fine.

Yes it is wired.
I will buy it. Then I will inform you what will happen.
Thanks @adam_walker

@adam_walker
can you help me.

I use the above Device Handler with my aqara Double switch (Wired one) and it is paired and work fine.
But by ST app I can use one switch only!!. The other switch is not work by app!!!

I tried to use this smartapp but NOT work
https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-virtual-device-sync-create-virtual-devices-and-keep-them-in-sync-with-a-physical-device/57089

Hey

So when you install the smart app (device sync) you need to conifgure it to look like this:

Device handler : Aqara 2 button Wired Wall switch

Detected endpoints : 2

Recommended type: Switch

DH is here below. Ignore the temp readings etc. They arent working

/**

• Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except

• in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:

•  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed

• on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License

• for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

• Modified from DTH by a4refillpad

• 10/2017 first release
    */

metadata {
definition (name: “Aqara 2 Button Wired Wall Switch”, namespace: “simic”, author: “simic”) {
capability "Actuator"
capability "Configuration"
capability "Refresh"
capability "Switch"
capability “Temperature Measurement”

command "on2"
    command "off2"

attribute "switch2","ENUM", ["on","off"]

attribute "lastCheckin", "string"
}

// simulator metadata
simulator {
    // status messages
    status "on": "on/off: 1"
    status "off": "on/off: 0"

// reply messages
    reply "zcl on-off on": "on/off: 1"
    reply "zcl on-off off": "on/off: 0"
}

tiles(scale: 2) {
    multiAttributeTile(name:"switch", type: "lighting", width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: true){
        tileAttribute ("device.switch", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") { 
            attributeState "on", label:'${name}', action:"switch.off", icon:"st.switches.light.on", backgroundColor:"#00a0dc", nextState:"turningOff"
            attributeState "off", label:'${name}', action:"switch.on", icon:"st.switches.light.off", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:"turningOn"
            attributeState "turningOn", label:'${name}', action:"switch.off", icon:"st.switches.light.on", backgroundColor:"#00a0dc", nextState:"turningOff"
            attributeState "turningOff", label:'${name}', action:"switch.on", icon:"st.switches.light.off", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:"turningOn"
        }

tileAttribute("device.lastCheckin", key: "SECONDARY_CONTROL") {
			attributeState("default", label:'Last Update: ${currentValue}',icon: "st.Health & Wellness.health9")
	   	}
    }

standardTile("switch2", "device.switch2", width: 2, height: 2, canChangeIcon: true) {
		state "off", label: '${name}', action: "on2", icon: "st.switches.switch.off", backgroundColor: "#ffffff"
		state "on", label: '${name}', action: "off2", icon: "st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor: "#79b821"
	}

valueTile("temperature", "device.temperature", width: 2, height: 2) {
		state("temperature", label:'${currentValue}°',
			backgroundColors:[
				[value: 31, color: "#153591"],
				[value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],
				[value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],
				[value: 74, color: "#44b621"],
				[value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],
				[value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],
				[value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]
			]
		)
	}
    standardTile("refresh", "device.refresh", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat", width: 2, height: 2) {
        state "default", label:"", action:"refresh.refresh", icon:"st.secondary.refresh"
    }
    main (["switch", "switch2", "temperature"])
    details(["switch", "switch2", "temperature", "refresh"])
}

}

It will then create two virtual switches, and you will have the old physical switch as an option. Find two of the three that work and delete the spare.

hi,

I did all that
install smart app and configure it.
and it is show like this
Device handler : Aqara 2 button Wired Wall switch

Detected endpoints : 2

Recommended type: Switch
Virtual switches have been created… etc

and that two virtual switch, no one of them is work…
only the physical switch is work (one key).
:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Note: I tried use your DTH.

Hmm… This is strange. I have done 4 of these the same way with no issue.

Are you sure it’s within ZigBee range. When you physically press the switch, is it registering an on off in the hubs logs?

Yes it is zigbee range. I can turn on and off by ST app. But I can control ONE key only NOT both keys!!! This is problem.
And the status is updated and working fine.

Also it is registered in hub log when I press physically the keys…

I tried and used smartApp and I created two virtual switch, But they are NOT working.

How many switches does it leave you with in the app. It created two virtual and left the original switch for me. So three switches in all. two of which work , one of the virtuals don’t. Does yours do something similar?

In App I have three Switchs. One is orginal and other Two are virtual Switchs. The original is working fine But the virtual Switchs are not working.

I am struggling then… Delete device and DH and start again?

I will try
Thank u

Can you gave me That code of SmartApp and Device Handler which you’re used…??
Also, I want DH code of Aqara Switch… which you are used…

Please Copy them from your hub account webpage…

Thanks

@adam_walker
I did the following things:

1. I create new device handler (Aqara 2 Button Wired Wall Switch)
  2. I create Simulated Switch (DH)
  3. I Add new SmartApp (Virtual Device Sync)
  4. I pair New Device (Aqara 2 Button Wired Wall Switch) by using catchall
  5. I create Two Virtual Switches with original switch( But the Virtual Switches NOT work)

Did I miss any things???

Note: I delete old one and I start again.
Please @simic help me

gosh… i dont know how else to help. I have the exact same kit, have since bought new ones and have got them all to work.

1 Like

Thank you very much

Hey

Did you ever get this working.

I have installed a further three… all installed fine first time. If not, we havent considered you may just have a bad switch?