Working Speakers (44 Devices Confirmed , 29 waiting Confirmation) last addition: Klipsch Stadium, Help Us to increase the list

I cam across a wifi speaker brand called JAM Voice Portable with Alexa. Does anyone know if this integrates into smartthings?

Besides being a less expensive Amazon Echo alternative, the Eufy Genie smart speaker works as a DLNA media renderer, which is provided through Linkplay networked speaker technology.

Linkplay technology is whatā€™s used in the Fabriq speakers, and a whole bunch of other speakers listed on this webpage.

Pros of the Eufy Genie:

• Amazon Alexa hand-free control
  • Inexpensive - Generally $35, but I got a couple at $20 each during last holiday sales season
  • Similar size / form factor to an Amazon Echo
  • Works as an Apple Airplay speaker (receives Airplay)
  • Has 1/8" stereo output
  • Can use both Alexa and TTS on same device
  • DLNA music station / genre etc. output works

Cons:

• Sound is weak (similar to Amazon Echo)
  • TTS through DLNA seems is not so loud using the Genieā€™s speaker
  • Doesnā€™t support Alexa calls to cellphone numbers
  • No bluetooth at all
1 Like

Hi there! looking at the list it seems that most of them are quite expensive speakersā€¦ Is there any option around Ā£50-Ā£100? Many thanks!

When sending spoken text for TTS to a speaker, which voice does the speaker use? I have a JAM speaker and wondering if I can use a more familiar voice like Alexa voice or something more familiar?

I recently bought a Samsung R3, tho I can connect it to smartthings natively, I canā€™t get DLNA renderer to discover it. May I ask how did you get it to be discovered?

For my R1s I am using the native connection and device type I donā€™t think they support DLNA. (I may be wrong?!)

Thanks.

The Samsung speaker doesnā€™t support google play music (which I use), and I canā€™t get it to play my local music on my NAS. :frowning: The only use right now is to play audio notifications from ST.

1 Like

Is it just the + version that works? How do you connect it to smartthings?

Hello,
Can I use this to connect Audiocast wifi audio device to Smartthings?

I think the device works , but have some problems with sleep function
Maxwell published a comment in this topic

May '16
Iā€™m running a AudioCast (veetop), is anyone having issues with this device falling asleep?
Seems after about a day or so, it needs a power cycle to reconnect to the wifi, not having this issue with any other wifi devices, so thatā€™s not a problemā€¦

So I have Volumio running on a Pi Zero with a Speaker Phat in an effort to make a cheap TTS announcer. Media Renderer picks it up no problem. However, when I use web core to send a tts command, it just plays a brief clip of the last song played. No custom message. I tried using ā€œspeakā€, ā€œspeak text and resumeā€ and ā€œspeak text and restoreā€ in web core with no luck. Any suggestions?

Just wanted to add this to the list, in case anyone is interested. If you have Chromecast devices, it is a no cost way to turn them into Smartthings controlled speakers.

I have just released my latest version of the Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox) Smartthings integration. It can send player level control to any player that LMS has installed, including Chromecast devices through the LMS Chromecast plugin. SInce LMS is still doing all the heavy lifting of controlling what is playing, and this simply sends the appropriate commands, if LMS knows about the player, you can set up the player in Smartthings, simply using the MAC id.

I personally use this with a Boom, PiCorePlayer on raspi3, SqueezePlay on Windows 10, Google Home, and Google Home mini.

All main player functions work, on, off, play, pause, mute, unmute, next and previous track. TTS is implemented via the speak(message) command, with voice choices. It works with Big Talker 2 as well.

Music content can be started via 3 presets, unique to each player. So, a LMS playlist, artist, album, or genre can be associated with a preset.

There is a smartapp to associate buttons with the presets for anywhere a button can be used, voice control, Action Tiles, routines, etc.

Command list for smartapp/Webcore integration is in the documentation.

1 Like

I havenā€™t read through this thread yet but have been using the smartthings hub for a year or three now and recently bought a samsung refrigerator with smarthub 3.0 and would like to play Pandora from the fridge through my Klipsh Stream Speakers that use dts-Playfiā€¦ would this work? Thanks!

Hi, the Dlna Player does not support to send pandora service, it use shoucast to send some radio stations.

1 Like

I think I posted this question on the wrong thread earlier. Is UPnp Monkey still available? The link at the top of the thread doesnā€™t work. It looks like you can download the apk from some websites, but that seems a little sketchy.

Hi. I think is not more available, you can use other app with MediaRenderer feature. I can not edit anymore the post to remove that reference.

I just picked up this ultra-cheap DNLA receiver.

Note: As I am posting this there is a 10% off coupon. The coupon worked on their business price alsoā€“paid $25.20 with free shipping.

It worked perfectly with your DTH and Smart App. Thank you.

1 Like

Did anybody try the Harman Kardon Invoke?

Hi, Iā€™m new to this and trying to find a speaker to use with automations. I have two questions:

First, has anyone had any success with Smartthings and this: (noticed another guysā€™ post linking to a page that talks about the tech used in many brands including Marshall.

Marshall Stockwell II Portable Bluetooth Speaker -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PXT6Z9Q/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ZsFyEbZFCN885

And B: Does Smartthings work with a Bose Soundlink Color? I have both of the above-named devices. I canā€™t seem to find a straight answer on either after an hour of searching. Help!

Summary

This text will be hidden

Has anyone figured out if the new Roku Soundbars / Streambars work with this setup?