Working Speakers (44 Devices Confirmed , 29 waiting Confirmation) last addition: Klipsch Stadium, Help Us to increase the list

I dont see the Samsung Radiant360 R1 on this list but there are several amazon reviews that state it works well with smartthings. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Radiant360-Wi-Fi-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B016DG1YKO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501621894&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+speaker

I confirm…, I am using a Samsung R1 and it works.

1 Like

How did you get it to work? Smartthings managed to recognise them but then they show all the time as not present on the things list. Also I don’t know how to get to play things through them @ule @BristolBaz

They just worked out of the box for me… didn’t have to do anything.
Do they respond ok when you connect to them and play music outside smartthings?

Yeah they work when I connect to them over Bluetooth and can see them on the Pure Jongo app.

I re-added them now and they show as in the attached image. Is that what it should do even though I’m not currently playing anything on them?

I think the refresh is not working, It was a common problem with ST timers, please try to press refresh button, and check if the status its updated, if the status change to stopped then, I suggest you to use a watchdog to keep the update working.

@ule New to ST and i tried the smart app as per the steps…
works great on kodi 17.*
it took some time to work on Onkyo TX-NR 509. not sure why the delay was atleast took 10 minutes. finally worked.
now i ordered a cheap android box to use it as a dlna and connect more speakers.

i have few questions.

1. is there an example on how to use the message to to play? i see it as #name, #type etc… but not really sure how to use.
  2. while using media render events if i select Play tracks. i do not have the option to select tracks. i see “you cant currently add this”
  3. i have setup say 3 speakers using media renderer app. since each of them have their own setting for genre. how can i play same song in each of the rooms? like a true sonos device?

i searched yourtube etc… can some one post the right link to use. if not can some one make a video for this. this saves times for new users.

Hi

1.- You can set any text message to convert to audio, like “The door it’s open” or you can set the message “The #name door it´s open” the tag #name it’s the name of the contact, if you contact it’s “main room”, then the message will be “The main room door it´s open”

2.- The tracks are the track you have previously played in the speaker, you must select the speaker first to populate the list, media player events avoid to add to tracks the audio with “s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-” in the url.

3.- You can send the same track or media to the 3 speakers, but they will start each in it own time, just select the 3 speakers, If you have sony speakers you can use Party Mode so send synced music.

4.- I think you don’t understand DLNA speakers, try to search DLNA in youtube .

Thank you for the quick response.
i tried #1 from above and it did not wok for me. i tried Alarm clock, same issue it did not work.
how ever Big talker works fine.

i am intrested in getting few things with my set up.
a - play a message/music when i enter home and turn to Home setting from AWAY.
b - Play News/Alarm at a specified time.

please let me know if there are any suggestions.

How did you connect the Jam Rhythm to your smartThings automation?

Same problem here with my Jam Symphony speakers

Same issue with my Jam Symphony speakers

Hi

What kind of problems you have?

The problems I am having are:

1. Smartthings managed to recognize them but then they show all the time as not present on the things list. Also I don’t know how to get to play things through them
  2. I re-added them now and they show as in the attached image. Is that what it should do even though I’m not currently playing anything on them? (Copied from a previous post, but the same situation applies)

1. while using media render events if i select Play tracks. i do not have the option to select tracks. i see “you cant currently add this”

Also, I have tried looking up the Watchdog app, which I have, but for the life of me I cant figure out what it is for or how to set it up.

Hi, the MR connect have his own watchdog timer, just select some devices to verify the timer its working.

If you select the front door contact, each time you opened the door the timer will be checked and if the timer its broken, it will be repaired.

If you watch your timers crash so often, the use a more frequently event to get the timers updated, and running.

The status in a MR Player is Not Present , when the speaker do not send the status info.

Each speaker is registered with smartthings and every time (3 min) send the status, if the status is not received , then the speaker is labeled as “Not present”

If the speaker is not playing, the speaker its in “Stopped” mode, you can interpreted this like “ready to accept a source”

Some speakers (generally a software speakers) change the uuid or ip each time the speaker it´s unplugged, it´s a good practice to fix the speaker ip inside your router, this will be more stable system

I have received very good comments about Jongo working fine with MR Player, I think the speaker must to work fine.

The tracks are added from played track list , if you have not played some track previously in your speaker when connected with smartthings, you don´t going to obtain any track

I suggest you to read about MediaRenderer and DLNA servers, I think you don’t understand how DLNA music tracks works.

Thank you for the update.

which of those are battery operated standalone Bluetooth speakers?

will this work with smartthings?

I am struggling to get any output from this except music. I have set up “speaker companion” but can’t seem to get any sound from it. I use bubble upmp to play music through it but that’s all it will do.

Does anyone know if a Denon receiver could be used? I’m in the market for a new receiver and see that the HEOS speakers seem to be compatible.