[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

It doesn’t “connect” to the doors, it opens and closes the doors via remote like a hand held garage door opener.

I just followed the instructions from copyninja and I can successfully see and control the garage door through the ST app. For some reason I don’t see any way to control the light even though I installed the light control code. I’m wondering if I missed a step when ST was finding devices or if the light control has issues that I’m not aware of (quite a few posts to sift through at this point).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I believe light control is only for the special separate myq lights. Not the light on the opener.

I was disappointed too.

1 Like

MyQ light control is for Chamberlain PILCEV, Chamberlain WSLCEV, Liftmaster 825LM, Liftmaster 823LM. It is not for light unit on your garage door opener.

1 Like

i have copyninja’s myq smartapp installed and for the most part, it works. however, when closing the garage door through smartthings, there have been multiple instances where it does not close. if i then try to close it through the chamberlain myq android app, the door will close. any thoughts/suggestions on troubleshooting the issue? i’m fairly new at most of this.

Is the shortest polling time 1 minute? It seems like it is not a long time to wait but seemingly I am taking less than 30 seconds from when I open the door to when I want to close it and if I want to close the door sooner than a minute I have to use the MyQ app. :frowning: Didn’t know if the app would barf if I used .5 in the polling interval? Let me know if any of you have tried it.

Its not possible to poll at less than 1 minute. What I did was attach an additional z-wave open/close sensor to the garage door and use that as “Contact Sensor to trigger refresh”. So as soon as that sensor opens or closes, it refreshes. This has worked really well for me and it’s always up to date. I just picked up a cheap sensor from monoprice.

2 Likes

So instead of using the door you use the sensor or do you leave both there?

I use both. It’s actually a good idea regardless of need or not, gives you confidence in operation, doublecheck.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

it’s not interference. i talked to myQ tech support – they said only 1 door is able to close at a time. you have to wait for one to close before it will allow you to close another.

Is anyone else getting this error? java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 26

Not sure if i should be concerned!!

Could be due to the platform issues that ST is having right now. May be you should check back after its resolved.

There is some discussion in the community about MyQ rate limiting recently with this same error 261. I get this error just as frequently but my door seems to work and report fine.

Received error of, “Failed to save page: prefDevicesList.” Found that I had the polling up to 120 minutes (because I use a separate tilt sensor for open/close status). Reduced polling to 45 minutes and the error went away. FYI for anyone who experiences the same issue.

Trying to set up this ST>MyQ…

When in am setting my HOME connection I get this error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException : Cannot get property ‘expiration’ on null object @ line 161

Can anyone help me on how to clear this issue?

Thanks

p.s.

line 161 reads as follows:

private login() { return (!(state.session.expiration > now())) ? doLogin() : true }

Installed MyQ SmartApp and got everything working. It seems like every third or fourth time I open and then close the garage door using either the Keypad or remote in the car the Smartthings app on iOS shows that the garage is still open, even though it is closed. I added an open/close sensor to the door and set it up to use that sensor for refresh, but that doesn’t seem to help.

Today after my wife left for work I noticed that Smartthings was showing the garage door as OPEN even though it was closed. I tried a manual refresh and then opened and closed the door several times with both the Smartthings app and the Keypad in the garage and it still said OPEN. I then opened the Chamberlain MyQ app and it was showing a “closing error” message and stated to open/close door locally to reset because of too many failed attempts. It took several times of opening/closing the door manually but the error message finally went away and then Smartthings updated and showed the correct state.

I will have to check the next time it happens, but it seems like it may be tied to the error message that I had preventing it from updating correctly.

Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated.

Is there a way to make the MyQ garage open/close with a presence detector via phone, life360, ifttt etc? I can’t figure out how to link them together in Smartthings.

It took me a moment too. Just add a “Routine” ( go to the stock Good Morning, Good Night, Good Bye and I’m Back area). Add a new Routine ( upper right hand corner does this) and you get to name it whatever you’d like . Mine is now “Approaching Driveway”.

Let me know if you need better detail.

Awesome thanks! I didn’t think of using a “routine”.