[WITHDRAWN] Camera HTTP Motion Endpoint

Hi!

I created a SmartApp that just acts as an endpoint for a simulated motion sensor. If you have supported NVR software (iSpyConnect, BlueIris, ZoneMinder), you can use the software to trigger these end points, thus activating/deactivating the simulated sensor.

Please Note: It is very important to “Enable OAuth” on your SmartApp after you install it. The App is not actually functional until you do this!

Have fun!

Kristopher

2 Likes

@Kristopher You didn’t by chance update this smartapp with the api changes in early September?

Nevermind, I installed it and it seems to still work.

Great SmartApp thanks for the contribution!

1 Like

Yep - it should still work :slight_smile:

Hi Kristopher,

I have a question about this app. I am trying to use this with Blue iris to trigger a Harmony Hub action (specifically "turn on LED light strip from hub)

But i dont have that “thing” show up on the app to use as an Endpoint. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Hey Karl,

You have to create a virtual device (simulated motion sensor) via the IDE. Then, setup Smart Lighting to turn on your light when motion is detected :slight_smile:

Kristopher

Forgive me, i’ve been really trying to wrap my head around all this stuff, And i think i’ve just jumped right into this, But now the app says “error bad state”

Yes, there is definitely an issue:

From my phone:
Error - bad state. Unable to complete page configuration.

From Live Logging:
e46bf3fa-18ba-4bd7-9cd2-0c99dd11a516 6:43:23 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘authorities’ on null object @ line 68

Thanks
Johan

Ping: @Kristopher

OK I’ll look at this tomorrow. I’m guessing they finally revoked the auth method.

I am getting the same error as Johan. Just replying here so I can follow this thread. Thanks!

OK - I think I left out a critical step in the instructions. Under the IDE, go into My Smartapps. Then click on the edit button next to “HTTP Motion”. On the next screen, click “OAuth” and then “Enable OAuth”. If you don’t do this, the app will give you an error like what you reported.

Sorry for the confusion! I’ll update the GitHub page now

Kristopher

1 Like

Enabling OAuth fixed that error.

Would it be possible to put the endpoint links somewhere in the IDE so that they’re easier to cut and paste? Or am I missing a way to do that?

Yup, thanks @Kristopher, enabling Oauth fixes the problem.

@jksearles, I’m on Android, and when I get to the screen where the 2 end point links show, I can long press on each one & select to Copy All & then I paste into my mail app.

Johan

As a heads up for anybody using Blue Iris…

If I use HTTPS://, I get this error in BI:

and this error in ST Logs:

Change the HTTPS to simply (normal) HTTP and you will get this which is a SUCCESS in BI:

And this in ST Logs for your virtual motion sensor:

And there be peace in my BI / ST world!!

Johan

3 Likes

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all of you who contributed and forked the project. You will ultimately be the ones to carry it forward on SmartThings. Unfortunately, after much deliberation, I have decided to pull the project from ST at this time.

Kristopher