With the ADT Smartthings HUB will I get alarm alerts on my phone without the monitoring service?

Are you referring to the normal ST hub or the 3x wifi mesh hubs in terms of avoiding connecting multiple hubs in a single location? how does the mesh network get around this issue using 3+ separate hubs in one location?

The Wi-Fi mesh model counts as one master hub and the others are considered “sub hubs.” So yes, they all get added to the same location, but the point is it’s only one Z wave network, only one zigbee network, it just doesn’t run into the same problems as having two master hubs on one location.

This is true for both the original Samsung Wi-Fi connect model

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000800963-How-to-add-additional-Samsung-Connect-Home-Wi-Fi-hubs

And the current Samsung Wi-Fi mesh model with Plume. :sunglasses:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001247063-How-to-set-up-SmartThings-Wifi

You add the master hub to the location and then you add the sub hubs as devices belonging to that master.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with the missing SHM app. I’m not sure what you mean select the new location, how and where? Am I going to need to reset the hub and start over reinstalling the sensors?
The location (HOME) I have set seems to work fine and I’ve never been able to find SHM in the three months since I set this up but now I’m ready to start learning more. I want to add your ADT TOOLS and figure out how to add my phone as a presence sensor. Some other posts suggest that Samsung removed the app for ADT Hub users and others like you suggest the location is the problem, can you help?
EDIT… so within a few minutes of asking the questions, I realized where to add a new location online not in the app and did so and low and behold, I now have the Smart Home Monitor popping up for that location and asking me to configure it. So the more I read about this it seems ADT tools2 will replace it and more so it’s probably not a good idea to continue setting this up. I think I’ll just delete it again. The question now becomes how do I copy and paste the ADT tools2 code. I found it in Github but but it looks like 158 lines and additional lines of fixes after that I’m not a coder and just have no idea. I’m thinking I copy and paste the first one l then replace the original lines with the updated lines. Please help. I did not create a Github account so that may be part of the problem. I can tell this is going to be a fun project as I get deeper into it.