Wink 2 Hub failed after update, how is SmartThings with:

Mr bad… They won’t actually blow up

Errr. it is too late. I threw them out and put in regular LEDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was planning on doing this (when I figured out how), but now that I have six of them at my house with FIOS they are really speedy. They turn on almost instantaneously with either GoControl motion detectors or the GoControl magnetic switches. But I do want local control in case of a network outage.

I did not mention it because I did not want it to go to his head, but I did appreciate “@bamarayne’s sens[e] of humor” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, this is pretty cool. I went into the IDE and published the GE Link driver for myself. When I get home, I will take one of my spare Crees and test it.

Thanks for the help.

I edited a Cree bulb to use the GE link device and it shows up that way in the IDE and works, but it does not show up in the…/localDevice/list

Any ideas? Also, it appears that in the IDE my hub is not recognized until I edit my location. Then all of it shows up.

That shouldn’t happen. Did you use a custom device handler? If so, which one?

Are you on the correct shard?

I selected the Ge Link from the list.

I searched for how to determine that and I am logged into graph.api which apparently means NA01. That is from my home machine. At work it gives me NA02.

Thank you. After converting my house to ST from Wink, I took a day to do my cabin. Went surprisingly well after I figured out how to remove sensors from being linked to Wink without Wink to remove them. Even my GoControl Sirens were recognized, but as simple switches. Next time I am there I will use the code you provided in the IDE (I am now learning how to navigate it). I have also started the tutorial and created a GitHub account.

I do have an idea I would like to try with custom programming, but don’t want to re-invent the wheel. I have sensors all around my cabin with a driveway going by. Frequently one sensor will trigger and then another within 30 seconds or so (sometimes longer for foot traffic than cars).

It looks to me that I could set up something like this:

1. First Sensor triggers ON
  2. Check 2nd sensor, and if is ON -> Do something
  3. Check 2nd sensor, and if 1st sensor is ON -> Do something

I am not sure if I could set up a timer, to loop and check the 2nd sensor for a defined period of time, or if that would be efficient.

This way I could greatly eliminate false positives because I have some motion sensors outside.

The other thing I would be interested in doing is somehow integrating the Blue Iris Camera software with SmartThings. I will search this forum to see if there is any activity there.

There is a Blue Iris profile changer and you can integrate blue iris motion detection to SmartThings via http endpoint.

I did find a link which shows that most of my devices in two locations are local. All of my motion and door sensors show up as local. However none of my lights, the GE Links at my second location nor the one CREE at home that I changed to the GE Link Device show up in the local list. The device handler is the GE Link from 2016 that I got from the IDE.

Thanks, I was just reading about that. Being able to use my Blue Iris Cameras as motion detectors would be quite useful. I have found that at my cabin, when the temperature is below 32 degrees, the ones I put outside don’t appear to work. The temp reads -23 and so far the motion has not kicked off when I thought it should. When I am at location (and it is < 32) I can test it better.

This is the one that works for me

https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/localDevice/list

Search the forum for the SmartApp CoRE, it allows you to build practically any rule imaginable without any custom programming.