Will Smart things be supported on Apple watch

To quote another thread when asked about Apple Watch support:

It works, but quite honestly Iā€™ll just pull out my phone. You can turn things on/off, but itā€™s flakey at best with my pebble steel. I ended up removing it.

If it is simple mode changes/hello home actions, I think that I would use it. Much quicker and with me ā€œall the time.ā€ Less ā€œfrictionā€ than pulling out the phone or finding it in the room.

1 Like

Completely agree with brianlees. Simple is good. Iā€™ve been using the iOS widget for the past few weeks more than I use the app.

2 Likes

Both Philips Hue and iConnectHue iOS apps added support for Apple Watch this morning. The iConnectHue will be able to switch single group, change their brightness, load presets etc. from the watch (this is the only app with ā€œtapā€ integration as far as I know with a decent remote access too).

Ecobee3 follows suit right nowā€¦ just appeared as an update on AppStore. Hell, whatā€™s going onā€¦ Guess it is going to do everything that I needā€¦ :slight_smile:

Look at this this thing on notification area. It has the 5 remote sensors listed there tooā€¦

What device type code are you using for that widget!?! I have an ecobee3 as well, but I donā€™t have the widget like you have. Want!

This is the latest iOS app version of Ecobee3 which popped up today on my iPhone AppStore update. This version has support for AppleWatch too. And the best part is you donā€™t have to wait for firmware 3.6 to take a look at your remote sensors.

But if you open the ecobee3 app, you donā€™t see the remote sensors unless the ecobee firmware is 3.6. They are gradually upgrading everybody. But iPhone widget now show the remote sensors.

Yup, I replied before looking :slight_smile: Nice find!

1 Like

I got my Apple Watch today. Iā€™d be happy to beta test for ST. :smiley:

1 Like

I also have my Apple Watch and would be glad to beta test!

I have one as well. Please let us know.

Hey Curtis, which ones are you all buying?

I got the cheapest 42mm, which is the apple sport model. Case is aluminum not steel. (I see in the news reports a lot of people are surprised that the aluminum is less likely to scratch than the steel. Thatā€™s true of all watches, though.)

Itā€™s comfortable. The videos on the Apple site were very helpful, I watched those before I got the device.

I am using Will Porierā€™s IFTTT method for voice control of smart things and itā€™s working quite well. Itā€™s a little slow and clunky, but itā€™s the same as using it on the iPhone. And this gives me voice control from anywhere in the house or yard where I have a Wi-Fi signal, even if my phone is in another room charging.

Since Iā€™m the only one who will use the voice command on the watch, I am adding additional shortcuts for things I do often.

so smartthings having the ifTTT Channel has added a lot of value to the watch for me.

I wanted to get the stainless steel one but canā€™t afford any one at this time. :frowning:

Went with a 42 sport simply because itā€™s a first generation product. Next years will be so much better.

2 Likes

Looks like the app now supports apple watch.

1 Like

Interesting article, thanks for posting it! Official release notes were posted this morning:

And a new blog entry with a video showing how to set up both phone widgets and the watch app:

Sorry to derail but does anyone know how Kyle got voice feedback on that demo video?