[Wi-Fi Hub] Devices went offline and not responding

Hi @nayelyz,

I can also confirm I have 23 zigbee devices offline in Australia using the ST Wifi Hub.
I have followed the steps:

• Confirming data access is on
  • My email is the same as the account on this forum
  • Reset button was pressed 9:27PM UTC +10 [AEST]
  • Firmware Version |000.047.00010|
  • Hardware Version |SmartThings WiFi, Plume AU|

Having to delete and re-add, then fix all the associated automations would be an extremely painful process. Hoping the team is close to a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been many days, is Samsung doing anything about this issue? Shouldnā€™t this be an incident by now?

1 Like

How do you change the Unsecure Rejoin setting?

They only recently finished the rollout after a pause of a few weeks, in which they didnā€™t fix the issue. The people who got updated in the first half of the rollout havenā€™t had their devices reconnected. The only solution right now is to reset the device, rescan and have it relinked to the existing device in smartthings,unless you want to wait indefinitely.

Youā€™re right. Got my easier to reach zigbee devices reconnected today.

I just set all my Zigbee devices on pairing mode to find them again with the SmartThings app without having to remove them and it worked, now they all appear online with the same name and configuration as they were. I didnā€™t have to redo the automations.

1 Like

@JoHnNy_o07 how did you set your devices into pairing mode? Do you have to do each one individually?
Thanks

I had to do it for each device individually. But only that, they automatically acquired the same name and room that they had been assigned before, also the automations. I didnā€™t have to reconfigure anything.

Have same problems (assortment of zigbee and zwave devices). Appears to have coincided with recent 000.047.00010 firmware update to a set of Aeotec hubs. Iā€™ve opened log access, hit reset, and sent you (@anyelyz) a DM with the time when I pressed the reset.

FWIW, my cloud devices seem to still be working, but Iā€™ve only got a few of those. (Ironic since I mainly use zigbee/zwave devices with the idea that theyā€™re more reliableā€¦) :cry:

And, strangely enough, an older hub (and devices linked to that hub) thatā€™s running a more recent firmware version (000.048.00005) seems to be working fine.

I agree. How can the online status be showing clean with this big a problem? Does SmartThings consider inconveniencing this many customers an issue that isnā€™t worth noticing? Iā€™m heavily invested in SmartThings hardware and setup/configuration-time, but if this is a non-issue to them, it may be time to jump ship.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problems after this update with zigbee devices going offline.

There is another issue as well with my Z-Wave Dome Water Valve. With the previous firmware the Water Valve was exposed as a switch to Google, Alexa and Home Assistant.

Now it is a binary_sensor which cannot be turned on/off and not seen with Google and Alexa. Iā€™ve relied on the ability to tell Google and Alexa to turn off the Water Valve.
Please change the Water Valve back to a switch.

Come on Samsung get your act together. Your loyal following is not happyā€¦

i echo this sentiment. i am heavily invested in ST and i am happy for the most part. but how they handle this problem will weigh heavily in our decision to stay loyal to ST or start migrating into a setup that is more stable.

1 Like

Thank you for this advice! Since we arenā€™t getting a response from ST support, I went ahead and did this as well and now all 13 of my devices are working again (PITA though to do it for each device). The only difference for me is that it moved each device to the same room as hub, so I had to move it back (easy enough to do) ā€¦ except for 1 device which for some reason stayed in its already-chosen room :slight_smile: So YMMV. Just glad I didnā€™t have to re-do any of my automations ā€¦ then I would have been really really :rage:
:peace_symbol:

Good to know thatā€™s an option. Iā€™m still hoping ST can fix this on their side before I have to go thru re-pairing over 60 devices.

Sigh - well now all my Hue lights are offline in ST. Letā€™s see if an incident is announced. All is good with Hue in Hue app and with Alexa.

Here is the response I received. Yes I deleted them by mistake, but I added them back, then everything went offline. They are not paying attention to what I told them when I opened the ticket. Someone from ST please stop screwing around and get to the bottom of this. You should be ashamed of how youā€™re handling this.

2 Likes

Also All devices off-line with Samsung ET-WV520 Smartthings hub

I am trying to reset each device to set it into pairing mode and then add the device back into the Smartthings app but this process is painful. Each device has its own reset mechanism and Iā€™ve a lot of devices. For example a Sengled bulb fails to be recognized by the Smartthings App after reset (on-off power 5 times) either by QR code (fails to be recognized) or scanning by device/brand.

1 Like

Holly hell, that update took out everything that came from Samsung. Buttons door sensors, water sensors all needed to be reset and many many other things. So many things.
As one user with maybe 30+ wrecked devices and associated automations, OMG the hours of users lives impacted!

Items moved from one room to another, it was THE WORST, MOST IMPACTFULL update in SmartThings history.
Iā€™ve been on SmartThings since it started in Minneapolis well before Samsung. And Ive never seen such a complete lack of customer services, tech support or shear destructivness in a single update.

Really What The ???

And then when you ask what happend from email support they tell you to reinstall the app.

REALLY HOW ABOUT FESSING Up to a Giant miss on testing???

Could someone at LEAST have the common courtesy of creating a knowledge base article for the front line support people. Who are either clueless or out right lying to users???

2 Likes

It all happened during the same rollout.
I contacted your tech support gave them access, they said nothing and then told me to reinstall the phone app. REALLY!

LOOK AT MY WIDE OPEN LOGS

COME ONE PEOPLE YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE A ROLL BACK IN THE FIRST DAY.

2 Likes