I have a very odd and niche request for the dev community. My daughter asks me every day what to wear. I always end up having to retreat to the other room, get my phone, unlock it, open Weather Underground, check the temperature, then return to her room and tell her what to wear.
Since my daughter loves interacting with my Ubi, I’ve slowly been looking for a way to automate the process. I can’t code to save my life, so I’m reaching out to the group here to see what your thoughts are.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Ask Ubi “What shoulod I wear today?”
- Triggers app/program to retrieve the high temperature for the day.
- Using a simple if/then logic, return a response to the initial question
- If the high temperature is above 75 degrees F, have Ubi say something like “It will be hot today. I recommend a skirt or shorts and a short sleeve shirt.”
- If the high temperature is between 50 and 75, have Ubi say something like “I recommend a dress and leggings or jeans and a short sleeve shirt. It might be cold in the morning, so don’t forget your jacket!”
- If the high temperature is below 50, have Ubi say something like “It will be cold today! I recommend a dress and leggings or jeans and a long sleeve shirt.”
Ultimately I don’t think it’s that hard, but I’m absolutely terrible at coding, so I’m hoping there are some ideas floating around here. Thanks all!