What are you doing with fire TV

just downloaded the iOS Alexa app and linked it! Will give it a whirl when i get home. sweet! Pretty good bang for the buck to replace a ~$500 HTPC and get home automation benefit. :sunglasses:

Where are you at on this? I am very interested!

The app is available at Amazon. SharpTools.

2 Likes

I found something of interest today. For those of us that are replacing keypads with Fire or Android tablets and who also use the Fire TV for most of their television viewing. I wanted to have an alert popup on screen for certain events and I came across the application linked. You install it on the Fire TV as well as the Tablet and any notifications from that device are sent to the Fire TV as a popup overlay in the bottom right hand corner. I installed the smartapp “Notify Me When” in ST and chose the push notifications for certain events. One drawback is that all the devices that have the ST app installed will receive this notification. I disabled notifications on my iPhone so that I would not be bombarded with them as SHM is also set to send text messages to my phone. One other thing is that there is a slight delay from when the event happens to when the alert pops on the screen but if you are not requiring an immediate alert then it will work fine. It will also send notifications from any apps that have them enabled on your tablet, I specifically like the Amazon notifications when packages are delivered or when my wife arrives home. Let me know what you think.