There have been some solid improvements this week that I am excited to share with you.
We pushed a platform update this week with a few key changes I would like to highlight. First, in regards to device limits in the mobile app, we heard you, and I am happy to announce we increased those limits from 150 to 300. We also made some changes focused on developers and making the development experience better. For more information on these changes and more, follow the discussion on our Release Notes thread.
We added some caching to our rooms service to reduce load on the platform. This update was pushed out yesterday and we have been monitoring the metrics on throughput to the database after this change. We are seeing reduced load on the section of the database where Rooms live. The graph below shows the more stable and lower throughput to the database since we improved rooms caching.
Stay tuned for more updates next week as we continue to dig into the platform and improve it everywhere we can. Please let us know how your daily usage has been. We watch and use these threads to prioritize the following week’s goals.
Finally, we’re pumped to be putting on our first hackathon in conjunction with the Samsung Accelerator group. We’ll be hacking all weekend with hundreds of people to create awesome experiences. We’ll be tweeting all weekend long to show off everyone’s hacks and if you are in the area we’d enjoy seeing you there! More information on the hackathon can be found here.