Water Heater Automation

My gas water heater has something like 2014 RUUD 50 gallon unit has an Italian-made SIT 650 Delta valve. This is a top down valve with pilot integrated to it.

I dont think I can use america pacific product, am I right or is there an option to replace this valve with other efficient valve and use the america pacific on top of that. Please let me know and that will be useful for me.

Thanks in advance.

For Sale, Used for 3 months, Mint condition, works great on a 240v hot water heater

Smartenit’s 4040B ZigBee Home Automation (HA) Metering Dual-Load 30A Controller

$130 + shipping

Can I check water temperature?

We fairly recently had a new electric water heater installed and ive noticed that if its not used it will stay off all day until someone uses hot water. When we had it installed I asked about putting it on a switch, but the plumber didnt recommend it.

If you do get a timer switch box make sure you get a dual phase one. They do cost more, but switch off both phases.

Hi @storageanarchy please let me know what model do you have.

I use a TL4000D in my closed-loop system, along with a MIMOlite configured as a momentary switch to trigger the pump, which I trigger with SmartThings based on kitchen/bathroom/laundry room lights turning on, bathroom door being closed, and/or motion sensors in strategic locations, and/or dishwasher/washer power draw, all only during certain periods of time (e.g. Home, not Away or Vacation).

2 Likes