Wall dimmer volume control for chromecast audio

lutron
raspberrypi
chromecast

(Dave) #1

Hello!
I want to develope a wifi enabled wall volume “dimmer” switch that can control the volume on a chromecast audio. I was thinking of using a Lutron Caseta switch and trapping the changes with a Ras Pi that would then control the chromecast. I am new to this community so please direct me if this or something similar has been solved.

I have not used the Lutron… is there a better choice? I know I can control with apps and google home already. But I have elderly people who just want a switch on the wall.

Any suggestions? Do I need a hub to use the Lutron or can the RasPi do it by itself?

Thanks!

(Eddy) #2

Hi im not sure if anyone have something similar, but let me perhaps suggest you to look at HOMESEER WD-100+.

theres 8 buttons technically you could map to anything. So you could technically still use the switch for different things.
Ex: you can do double tap or triple tap to activate something else, hold down or up, etc…

(Dave) #3

Interesting. So how would you trap the changes in something like a Raspberry Pi or other computer on the local net?

(Eddy) #4

Sorry cant you there :frowning:
Im sure there people out there that could help you out regarding this. I only know theres a smart app where you can bind those commands to other triggers.
Using core for example… as for raspberry pi i am unfortunately not experienced enough