Virtual Door Sensor

I am new to ST and your help is greatly appreciated on the mini project below.
I value your effort and willing to pay $s. Also have a couple of subsequent projects.
Thanks much!

Requirement - To create a “Virtual Door Sensor”, which essentially is a AND operation of two “physical door sensors”. Virtual-Door-Sensor Status should be equal to Closed if and only if , both Physical-Door-Sensors are in Closed status. If either of the physical-door-sensor is in Open Status, then Virtual Door sensor should be equal to Open.

A change in Status of either of the physical door sensors, should update the status of the Virtual Door Sensor.

Physical-Door-Sensor-1 is Closed AND Physical-Door-Sensor-2 is Closed ; then Virtual-Door-Sensor-1 should be Closed
Physical-Door-Sensor-1 is Open AND Physical-Door-Sensor-2 is Closed; then Virtual-Door-Sensor-1 should be Open
Physical-Door-Sensor-1 is Closed AND Physical-Door-Sensor-2 is Open ; then Virtual-Door-Sensor-1 should be Open
Physical-Door-Sensor-1 is Open AND Physical-Door-Sensor-2 is Open ; then Virtual-Door-Sensor-1 should be Open

Use Case : Sliding door has 2 physical door sensors. First to detect when the door is Closed , second to detect when the Latch on the door is in locked state.

I mocked this up by creating a simulated contact sensor, then using the two attached Pistons in CoRE. There are a number of threads on CoRE if you’re new to it and need assistance creating the Pistons.

1 Like