Virtual 10 second momentary button press (mimolite?)

Hello all

I have a intercom system in my apartment block, and i have located the best way to hack into it from the handset in my actual apartment . . . With a MimoLite (this way i can be notified when it rings and also i can trigger the door release = winner)

Howeverrrrrrrrrr

The button press on the intercom that i am tapping into with the relay from the mimolite is momentary . . . So aslong as im pressing the button on the handset in my apartment then the door lock downstairs (main door) is open, allowing someone to open the door and come up . . .

So i need to find a way for smartthings to tell the mimolite to simulate pressing that button (closing the relay) for around 10 seconds . . . Instead of a quick 1 second blast which doesnt give a visitor enough time to actually open the door whilst its unlocked

Is this possible ?

you can do this in the device type directly using runIn(10,off), or by inserting a delay between the zwave on and off commands.

2 Likes

You have no choice running it the way you are doing it… Have you seen the American movie “The Apartment” starring Jack Lemmon? :wink:

1 Like

Your a star @Mike_Maxwell . . . Havnt received my mimolite yet so was curious - seems like a wasted topic now haha - aslong as it can help others and im very grateful cheers

@smart i cant say i have haha - elaborate

Do you have friends who you loan your apartment/flat at work and get paid? Things do happen. But with technological advances you can be winner rather the loser as in the movie… Watch it… It’s a brilliant movie.

1 Like