Viper smartstart upgraded module integration?

Does anyone know how to create an API for the Viper SmartStart remote system with the newer DSM550 module? I have the integration for the older 2G module, which I got from @rleonard55. It worked perfectly other than the many errors I received due to the 2G losing support out here and the push for the 4G/LTE module. So I got the 4G module installed and now my integration with smartthings doesn’t work anymore. Says the vehicle can’t be found. I was told that it should be listed on colt. calamp website in order for it to be found. Mine isn’t listed on that website. Mine is on directechs.com, at least that’s where my installer set it up. I’d really love to have this thing working again. Thanks to anyone who can help.

1 Like

Having the same issue since I updated my device also to the DSM550. Seems like those devices use a different service or something because mine is also missing off of Calamp Dashboard. My wifes car still shows on there but she has the 350 module until her new one comes in. Guess they will be broke from locking with a goodnight scene until it’s figured out.

Just linked mine up, might have to wait to upgrade mine. They are sending me the new one also. I think ultimately they are going to get rid of the 2G. Viper sold me mine for $49 + shipping a few days ago. I have mine integrated with my ActionTiles pretty well. Hate to lose it.

1 Like

Just got my vsm550 for $49.99. Called viper 1-800-274-0200. Spoke with person…sounded like from home. Told him I could not get any local installer to upgrade to the vsm550. I memtioned the 4 pin plug and 2 pin power plug were the same as the dsm200/250 in place using the analog brain. Asked him to change my AIR-ID to the new module, he DID!. He told me 9/10 people swapped out the unit themselves with no problem. I went home, pulled the 3 amp fuse, removed the old 200/250, plugged in the 2 connectors, added fuse and blam…online in a few mins. You get 48hrs to play with the unit, then you must get the renewal contract as I did for a yr. 69.99. Dont wait for an installer to swap your unit. Good Luck, Ger

I been online since last week. My boy works at Bestbuy he was able to add mine to my acct. But thanks for the heads up for sure.

@Nate_Hawkins do you have the DSM550 module? If so, do you have it integrated with Smartthings now? And if yes to that, I’d love to know how you did it. Thanks for anything you can contribute.

Naw that was with my old vsm100. The dsm550 won’t work. The dth need to rewritten

ah ok. Darn. I really hope someone with brain power can figure this out for all of us soon. I wish I knew more of how to do that. I miss being able to program my truck for automatic starts and automatic locking. Was great to have that. If you find out any more, please let me know. Thanks

Hey Nate any chance your Best Buy buddy could add mine to my account lol? I bought it at Best Buy and all our local installers are closed.

He actually don’t work there anymore. Here a way you can try. Join the directed electronics group on Facebook and you can find someone one of the guys on their. Just be nice and DM a guy and ask him. I sent him a cashapp as a tip for the help. I cany remember the guy I contacted but its full of guys that can help.

Nate Hawkins

Which group? Do you have a link?