Vibration Sensor

Hi. Does anyone know of ideally a Z-wave, or Zigbee vibration sensor (for USA) that is inexpensive, ideally uses AA or AAA batteries, and does not have to be polled to detect vibration, but where the sensor actually posts detection instantly, oh and works with ST and EDGE drivers. My Samsung Multi sensors are quickly failing and… Thanks.

The Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor - Zigbee - Door and Window Sensor works fine for me. Meets all of your requirements other than the AA or AAA batteries. It uses a CR2450 battery, which gives me 6 to 9 months of battery life.

2 Likes

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! €23.51 11% Off | Heiman Zigbee3.0 Vibration Detector Sensor Compatible With Home Assistant
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0rJxFa

I’ve a few of these, use 2 AAA which last for a long time. And they work well with edge drivers.

Interesting. That one shoes it using CR2032 though.

I suggest there is something wrong with your setup. Aeotec/Samsung Multipurpose Sensors working fine here.

It is not the setup, but hardware failure in the devices themselves.

I have had no issues leveraging Aqara Vib sensors ( ‎DJT11LM ) in a very similar workflow though Smartthings and recently through Google Home.

1 Like

Will these connect directly to V2 Hub, or do you have to connect them to their own hub and then link that?

You can do either method of direct to the hub or via matter/service. Please let me know if you would like help pairing them.

One gotcha may be that they do poll at 1 min intervals.