Using IFTTT to activate a light only when motion and dark out

(Travis Muszynski) #1

Is it possible to use IFTTT for sunrise/sunset and then use a motion sensor to allow a light to only be turned on with motion only after sunset.

I have had no luck with any of the sunrise and sunset apps and the only good light sensor looks like a creepy eyeball. What do you guys think? How do I go about setting this up?

Thanks.

(Jared) #2

Have you tried Mode Magic? I’ve been using that app for about six months with zero issues. I love that it has a offset function.

(Travis Muszynski) #3

No, I have not. I think that will be my next move. Unfortunately I feel like I will quickly get to the point of having many modes. Away, day, dark, night, guest…etc.

(Jared) #4

Perhaps. I just have mine set for on/off.

(Travis Muszynski) #5

Is there any good examples of how to use IFTT with ST? I have been reading everything I can find. I also see you can use it to turn on Harmony activities. It would be great if I could have it turn on the TV when ST performs Good Morning.

(Travis Muszynski) #6

Also, if Magic Mode works well, could we just take the code from that for sunset and sunrise and use that for a night light app? The Smart Nightlight app appears to be similar based off the user interface and includes offsets but I do not know if the code is the same.