Using a wire instead of magnet, window sensor

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so hopefully you guys take it easy on me if i miss something.

I have a window with 2 sliding parts, one from the left and another from the right, i am not sure what they are called.
I want to use 1 sensor for both.

I bought a Visonic Window/Door Sensor for Samsung SmartThings - MCT-340 E that i am trying to have dual wired contacts for. I already reversed the code so when the magnet is close to the sensor and the contacts are closed, it shows the window open and vise versa.

I am looking for a way to put 2 triggers on the window frame on the left part and the right part, that basically trigger the sensor and open the circuit using wires and without having to use a magnet.

is there any such way?

Thanks

I think it’s called slider window where both pieces of panel slide. For what it’s worth. I think the easiest is to have 2 sensors. You could get the same sensor at https://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/visonic-window-or-door-sensor-for-samsung-smartthings-mct-340e/ for $14.
It will give you a much more clean look.
If you still want to use one sensor with 2 magnets. You could open the sensor and solder the wires at the Reed switch and have the external reed switches in series. It will probably cost you more going this way though.

Ray,

Thanks for the response. The main reason why i wanted to do that is i felt it would actually be cleaner than having to use 2 different sensors for the same window. I would have to call them window L and window R for example and if both of them are opened i would get two notifications instead of one etc.

Can you elaborate a bit more about what you mean to have the external reed switches in series? I know there is 1 reed switch inside which is what i will solder to, but what am i soldering to outside?

Pick up a schlage zwave rs 100hc . It has the terminals inside to connect the magnet sensors. If you need help follow this youtube video wire a windows sensor to magnets

He does the same install you are looking to do. Using one sensor for two windows

Excellent. Thank you, Chris & Ray for helping answer my question.

it’s kind of like this window here.