Use Nest Protect to turn down temp on Honewell thermostat

I feel like I’ve searched all over but I’m guessing that somewhere out there, someone has brought this up…so hoping I can get pointed in the right direction. I am also new to the automation world and don’t yet understand fully how to write code for smart apps yet.

I just purchased three Nest Protects which I have integrated into my ST via the Nest Manager app. I also have two Honeywell Thermostats that I can control through my ST hub. Is there any way I my Nest Protects can connect through my ST to my Honeywell thermostats to turn down/off my furnace? Has anyone created a smart app to do this? Many thanks in advance!

You want to control your Honeywell thermostat based on what from the Nest Protect? I think the only thing you could use is the home/away status. Tagging @WB70

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m not understanding what your question is.

Your Honeywell Thermostats have been to ST as devices that you control from ST

Your Nest Protects have been added to ST via installing NST Manager. These are your only Nest devices?

What exactly are you trying to do between the two? The Nest Protect simply monitors for Smoke / CO alarms.

Are you trying to control your Honeywell Thermostat temperatures from the Protect device?

Or are you trying to consolidate your Protects and Thermostats into a single SmartApp so you have a single point of reference for all the devices?

For further discussion around this, please post additional questions in the official NST Manager thread to answer questions specific to your Nest devices.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I would like to do the following. If my Nest Protect alerts due to the presence of smoke or CO, am wondering if it is possible for my ST to automatically have my Honeywells turn down the temp or shut of the furnace and eliminate a possible source for the smoke or CO. If smoke/CO detected, then turn down temp/shut off furnace, if you will?

The only Nest devices I have are three Protects.

Should I look into IFTTT for a routine? Not sure…am still very new with home automation.

Hope this makes more sense than my initial post did. I will also post in the NST Manager thread, as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

WB70 Regular
January 18
gchaves1025:
Is there any way I my Nest Protects can connect through my ST to my Honeywell thermostats to turn down/off my furnace? Has anyone created a smart app to do this?

I’m sorry, I’m not understanding what your question is.

Your Honeywell Thermostats have been to ST as devices that you control from ST

Your Nest Protects have been added to ST via installing NST Manager. These are your only Nest devices?

What exactly are you trying to do between the two? The Nest Protect simply monitors for Smoke / CO alarms.

Are you trying to control your Honeywell Thermostat temperatures from the Protect device?

Or are you trying to consolidate your Protects and Thermostats into a single SmartApp so you have a single point of reference for all the devices?

For further discussion around this, please post additional questions in the official NST Manager thread to answer questions specific to your Nest devices.

[RELEASE] NST Manager v5.0 Community Created SmartApps
#(The SmartApp Formerly Known as Nest Manager) We are very excited and proud of this this release. While it may not look like a giant update but this is the 'GREATEST NST Manager YET!!! PLEASE READ THE UPDATE NOTICE BELOW… Please open issues on GitHub for ANY issues you find because it’s very hard to track them using the forum. NST Manager SmartApp This is the SmartThings user-created SmartApp and Device handlers to integration Nest devices with SmartThings. The SmartApp and Device Handlers work together to provide integration to the SmartThings ecosystem using Nest’s published API. What’s New New: Name Changed to NST Manager New: Manager and Automations codebase has been split into two individual files. * There is an automated process to migrate your existing automation to this…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I’m doing this with Protect and Ecobee using CoRE. I also turn all available lights on. I’ve considered unlocking our doors as well via our Schlage Connect deadbolts.

WebCoRE is probably the best route that you can take. With this you can have multiple things (devices turned on/off) happen within your IF THEN ELSE statements.

The post by @616fun above is an example of how this was done with CoRE (older version of webCoRE).

Or as you mentioned in your post, you could do something similar with IFTTT when there is a “Smoke Alarm Warning”. With this method though, you are limited to one Action Service (one device) per Applet, so if you want two things to happen, then you would have to create two Applets. Not the method I would recommend.