Updates to SmartThings Mobile App Marketplace

I get most of these. Don’t understand laundry monitor…

Also didn’t know that SHM can do mail…

You can use the feature that JD mentioned. It’s actually a bit nicer than using a separate SmartApp. Or you can get the code from the list and create your own app based on that.

2 Likes

You can use the provided code for any of these apps to create your own custom SmartApp.

1 Like

What you are describing is a different feature than the one that I mentioned.

It is true that if you set up a routine, then there is a chance that echo will be able to run it just from the routine name. But as you pointed out you can’t have security features in the routine.

That’s different than what I mentioned. If you read my post again, you’ll see that at the very end of setting up a routine there is an option to “perform automatically when…” And you can have the trigger for that be the exact same virtual switch that you are using now.

So your virtual switch comes on, and your routine runs as long as you’ve Filled in the “automatically when…” fields inside the routine itself.

Everything is the same as using “switch activates home phrase” except that you don’t have to use that smartapp. Instead, the routine itself will look for the switch coming on. :sunglasses:

I’m sorry I can’t give you a screenshot, as I mentioned, the current version of the mobile app is not navigable by voice. I suggest you contact support and they can walk you through it. Or maybe someone else can post a screenshot for you.

It’s really simple to use once you find it, it’s just that the feature is a little difficult to find.

2 Likes

Thanks again JD.
I am now fully converted…and “switch activates home phrase” app removed.
I just love being up-to-date!

2 Likes

@slagle The support of ST was the only reason that I purchased the Netatmo. I understand if a company stops support devices or abandons and API that ST would discontinue it, but because you guys can’t find a way to support it it just seems to be going backwards stop supporting devices. I’m pretty disappointed.

It says the code for these could be available, but where is it?

Did you go to the support article linked in the first post and click on the links to the source code?

Sorry, I just saw the links. I had looked at on my phone. Sorry about that.

1 Like

No reason NOT to integrate Netatmo with Smartthings. @cscheiene did an excellent work on Netatmo handlers and his ongoing support is great. Been using his handlers with no issues for my 5 Netatmo weather devices… @thrash99er guve these a try, they work very well…

[OBSOLETE] Netatmo Weather Station

There a numerous flavors of laundry monitoring apps developed by community that work better than the one that is being retired. Just search laundry monitor and you will find plenty alternatives, or… you could always use webCoRE for any automation needs you have…

2 Likes

This is a great example of why a SmartApp was deprecated. Support would get tickets saying this used to work and now it doesn’t, but really, it was an external factor that was resource intensive to pinpoint (and provided an all around poor customer experience).

1 Like

That’s exactly what the “Marketplace” is already!

i.e., a place for reviewed and vetted SmartApps to be published.

It would be nice to have an option for other smart apps…Nest Manager, Lock Manager, etc…

1 Like

Agreed… And the “SmartThings submit, review, approve & publish” process was that “option” until put on hold earlier this year.

I don’t have a link to the Announcement post.

SmartThings’s great stability and SmartApp improvements are an indication that this pause to refocus priorities has paid off. Hopefully the Marketplace (or something better) will revive at some time in the future.

5 Likes

We are refocusing, what we have in store is fun and exciting too!

5 Likes

Just a reminder that WebCore can seem daunting at first, but is a really well-polished do anything SmartApp that can replicate the functionality of just about all of the deprecated ones.

3 Likes

@SBDOBRESCU

You wrote that there are many laundry apps.

Working off of an energy meter outlet, yes.

But working off of vibration, I do not remember finding any others.

1 Like

@Core_Phx

Did you play with the parameters: " time to fill " and “minimum cycle time?”

Next time the dryer runs I might check how often the sensor is “active” but using those settings should remove the need for the sensor to be active the whole time.

@professordave

I did. The problem is that my dryer has a wrinkle free setting that my wife uses often. The way it does it is that it will stop the drum for a few minutes at a time, multiple times, during the cycle. So, on a 20 minute cycle, the drum will stop upwards of 10 times; Moreso on longer run times.

I will say that it’s just as easy for my wife to tell Alexa to set a reminder in {x} minutes to get the laundry out now that Alexa supports named reminders. :wink:

1 Like

SmartLighting can trigger off of “active/inactive,” which is vibration. Web core can as well.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205949776-How-to-create-lighting-automations-with-Smart-Lights

3 Likes