Tzumi 5308AMZ Namo Smart Plug

(s) #1

I was able to pick mine up locally at the 99 cent only store for $5.99 plus tax, seemed like a good deal to me.

Just picked up a few of these, I cant seem to get them to work with my Smartthings Hub. I’m looking to see if its possible? Maybe flashing a different firmware on it? I have access to solder iron, jumper cables, and I do have a USB to TTL Serial Adapter.

I have opened it up and it has a TYWE3S label inside on one of the chips. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There’s no way to get a direct connection, but there are some possible options.

See the FAQ (this is a clickable link)

Tagging @erocm1231

(Eric M) #4

Looks like it runs off of the esp8266. Espurna supports it I believe and I think someone has created Espurna -> SmartThings integration, but I’m not sure.

(s) #5

I was able to flash it with sonoff, I still really dont know what I am doing :slight_smile:
Logging into the ip I can see this information

ESP Chip Id 5484319
Flash Chip Id 0x1440C8
Flash Size 1024kB
Program Flash Size 1024kB
Program Size 521kB
Free Program Space 480kB
Free Memory 20kB

I am trying to find out a way to make it simple like my Belkin Wemo plugs, they just worked with my smartthings hub

(s) #6

Just plugging along here, I was able to flash espurna-1.13.3-wemos-v9261f now I am trying to figure out how to make this plug work with my smartthings hub. Any help greatly appreciated.

(s) #7

Flashing these is the easy part, trying to make them work with smartthings, I’m not so good at, I need a device handler
Here are some pics of the inside

(s) #8

I was able to flash with sonoff basic, I have the device handler in my smarthings . Now when I turn off and on the device it only turns off and on the led light, its not actually turning off and on the plug, the relay is not working.

(s) #9

I am able to control the plug with the web interface now. I have it setup like this But I am still trying to figure out how to make the led on when the plug is on and the led off when the plug is off

(s) #10

finally got it all figured out, I disabled MQTT that stopped the blinking and then I enabled GPIO13 led1i