Tzumi 5308AMZ Namo Smart Plug

I was able to pick mine up locally at the 99 cent only store for $5.99 plus tax, seemed like a good deal to me.

Just picked up a few of these, I cant seem to get them to work with my Smartthings Hub. I’m looking to see if its possible? Maybe flashing a different firmware on it? I have access to solder iron, jumper cables, and I do have a USB to TTL Serial Adapter.

I have opened it up and it has a TYWE3S label inside on one of the chips. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There’s no way to get a direct connection, but there are some possible options.

See the FAQ (this is a clickable link)

Tagging @erocm1231

Looks like it runs off of the esp8266. Espurna supports it I believe and I think someone has created Espurna -> SmartThings integration, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

I was able to flash it with sonoff, I still really dont know what I am doing :slight_smile:
Logging into the ip I can see this information

ESP Chip Id 5484319
Flash Chip Id 0x1440C8
Flash Size 1024kB
Program Flash Size 1024kB
Program Size 521kB
Free Program Space 480kB
Free Memory 20kB

I am trying to find out a way to make it simple like my Belkin Wemo plugs, they just worked with my smartthings hub

Just plugging along here, I was able to flash espurna-1.13.3-wemos-v9261f now I am trying to figure out how to make this plug work with my smartthings hub. Any help greatly appreciated.

Flashing these is the easy part, trying to make them work with smartthings, I’m not so good at, I need a device handler
Here are some pics of the inside

I was able to flash with sonoff basic, I have the device handler in my smarthings . Now when I turn off and on the device it only turns off and on the led light, its not actually turning off and on the plug, the relay is not working.

I am able to control the plug with the web interface now. I have it setup like this But I am still trying to figure out how to make the led on when the plug is on and the led off when the plug is off

finally got it all figured out, I disabled MQTT that stopped the blinking and then I enabled GPIO13 led1i