2 factor auth would be a GREAT way to further secure our accounts. For those of you who may not know what 2 factor authenticaion is, it is a way for STs to authenticate you upon login through a second source. Generally there are three types of authentication someone can you. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd factors. There are some new 4th and 5th factors as well but 1st, 2nd and 3rd can be summed up easily this way:
- First factor is “something you know”
- AKA - Password
- Second factor is “something you have”
- AKA - RSA passcode/Phone to send a additonal login code to
- Third factor is “something you are”
- AKA - Fingerprint, eye scan, dna
Right now we all use first factor auth to login to the IDE and the SmartApp. I’d love to have STs add Second factor auth to any initial login that we process. So anytime you login to the SmartApp or IDE you would need your cellphone to receive an additonal passcode texted to your cell in order to login.
Do people agree with me? Please feel free to share your comments below.