Turn off Light after a certain period of time with no motion detected in the room?

(Shawn) #1

Hi,

Im reviewing the SmartThings product line and will be recieving some Yale products as well next week so i am new here.

I am trying to get the CentraLite Switch to turn off the light in the basement when the SmartSense Motion doesn’t detect any movement after a certain period of time like 3 hours.

Is there a way to program that?

I couldn’t figure out how to do it in IFTTT

Much appreciated,

Shawn

(Ben Edwards) #2

If you truly want the time period to be 3 hours, that can be done by writing a SmartApp. If you are ok with something like “when things quiet down” that is built into the Motion dashboards.

(Shawn) #3

How can I write my own SmartApp?

(Chrisb) #4

This is a little dated now, but still pretty much correct:

I’d suggest start by looking at the “Darken Behind Me” example SmartApp. You’re going to want to modify this to probably add a runIn procedure for the time delay.

(Shawn) #5

I cant get registered on the developer portion of the website, I entered all my info and tried to create an account but it just gets stuck thereafter clicking register, Im not sure if its an issue with the server

(Ben Edwards) #6

Please contact support. They can get it sorted out.

You can can also set it up for a certain mode or a time period. I.e. Dusk or evening.

(Joylove) #8

Can someone please explain where to find the tus described in Bens posts? In motion dashboard I see nothing about controlling lights. In the ADD page the search term finds no results for ‘darken’.

Thanks.