Trouble discovering Sengled Zigbee bulb with Alexa

I’ve got the smartthings v2 hub, a Sengled classic a19 (zigbee) bulb, and the alexa app on android.

Alexa can pretty much discover everything on my hub except these 3 sengled bulbs. The bulbs are connected to the hub and are on.

I tried going into the Alexa SmartApp and manually selecting which devices could be discovered. It didn’t work.

I’ve removed the bulbs from ST and rediscovered them. Reinstalled Alexa. Disabled/enabled ST skill.

I’m out of ideas… anyone have any suggestions?

UPDATE:
OK, it seems like Alexa is only discovering devices from ST that it thinks are WeMo switches. Some of them actually are, some are RainMachine devices enabled through a SmartApp.

What options do you have selected in the Alexa smartapp?

I have disabled the switch that allows Alexa to see everything and instead have only selected a few of the switches (sengled bulbs) that I want discovered.

Do the device names have any symbols, punctuation, or other non-word characters?

OK I got it working! I had 2 home locations. I couldn’t delete one of them. Even though I had Alexa picking the correct one, it still couldn’t find those other devices. I had ST support delete the bad home location and disabled/renabled the skill and now it’s working! Appreciate your replies :slight_smile: