TP Link Kasa Devices with new official integration (July 2019): reviews needed

Just to clarify but this thread is in regards to the official integration of tp link kasa which is a cloud-to-cloud integration. There are no settings in IDE that can be configured for this integration. You may be confused with an older groovy custom smartapp which is a totally different thread. It should be pointed out that groovy is scheduled to be shutdown later this year.

1 Like

Discussion of Dave’s smartapp should go in the thread about that code. This thread is for discussion of the official cloud to cloud integration, which cannot be edited by individual customers.

Here’s the link to Dave’s thread:

[Deprecated] New TP-Link/Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb Integration

Thanks Tim I followed your advice and it is working fine

I am struggling to get the Kp115 working with EM, the Smart app is not working on the new smartthings app. Is there a way to fix by creating custom DTH and assignment to the device using IDE route?

Do you have step by step guide of what you did. I am trying to make the EM work with KP115 kasa plugs

Thanks

This thread is for discussion of the official integration, whic( at the present time does not support energy monitoring.

For discussion of anything which involves custom code, use the other thread and someone will help you there.

[Deprecated] New TP-Link/Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb Integration

Be aware, though, that the SmartThings-hosted groovy cloud where custom code runs is scheduled to go away in a few months, so it’s probably not a good idea to invest a lot of time or money in solutions based on that cloud.