TP-LINK HS110 Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring, Wi-Fi Enabled

@T1tentrum - I can tell you that whilst the amazon echo / dot can see devices connected to Smartthings, Smartthings cannot see devices connected to the echo /dot.

one way integration, is it just with echo dot, or all Amazon echo is samethings

It’s the same for echo or echo dot. Nevertheless the one way integration does work very well. :slight_smile:

is it possible you modify node server for refresh enable. this is very appreciated. thanks you

I use pollsterwithrefresh. github smartapps. very good. Choice device and smartapps send poll requests every 1 minutes

1 Like

I moved the step-by-step instruction into it’s own thread here:

I think you should include the fact that this can be setup on a raspberry pi as well as on a NAS or any always on device able to run node. Honestly I’d recommend a pi for this application as it uses very little electricity, my pi 3 used less than 3w when being used for playing media when an always on Windows PC will be uses much much more!

I did include a note about this in the new thread. I’m not in a position to offer any assistance with RP since I don’t have one, but if you or someone else want to add a comment in the thread about how to do this with RP I’d be happy to edit my original post and link to that comment.

I havent seen anyone write up on this, but I figured I’d ask. How hard might it be to integrate this into Smartthings Node Proxy as an additional plugin? The JS file could go into the plugins folder, I am just unsure what kind of configuration would be needed in config.json…

FDThank you very much on this. I have it now working via QNAP. I hope someone could find a way also to make its energy monitoring worked with ST.

glad you got some use out of it. For me running a docker instance is about 1000% easier than the crazy windows HOWTO instructions, but to each their own.

I hope someone could find a way also to make its energy monitoring worked with ST.

I didn’t write the original code, but I could probably add it as long as the underlying API supports it, which supposedly it does (GitHub - plasticrake/tplink-smarthome-api: TP-Link Smarthome WiFi API). I don’t have a 110 to test with though. Supposedly someone says they are working on it in the HOWTO thread, but not finished yet.

1 Like

Yes Docker is the easiest way to implement the code. But there really is no step-by-step guide of doing that. It took me two days to get it. :slight_smile: Anyway, your repository did make it easier. I’m sure, I can get the update from it automatically once Energy Monitoring was incorporated. Oh, and I also have to update the Device Handler.

Any update on energy monitoring?

Hey @Knightro I have this currently working on my windows pc, but want to move it over to my pi and try and run it in docker, wondered if you managed to note down the steps you did to get it working? :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I’m using QNAP and have no knowledge on pi.

hey aapocketz

First off, thank you so much for your work here! I’m struggling to make this work with docker and was wondering if you would be kind enough to help me troubleshoot this. I previously got this working fine with the HOWTO thread and running it natively on windows/NodeJS. I then decided to get ambitious and run it with docker. I installed your docker package using kitematic, and the curl commands work fine, turning the light on as expected:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl -H "x-hs100-command:on" -H "x-hs100-ip:192.168.1.42" -D - 192.168.1.13:32770
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 18:32:21 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 72

However, now ST isn’t turning on the lights.I also removed and added the devicehandler and device and I tried both the debug executeCommand() you posted, no joy, here is the output:

Any idea why the docker isn’t responding to ST, but my regular node is (yes I changed the port since they were using different ports). Thanks again for your time!

Could you double check to make sure your docker is configured to expose the port you are using. Just a guess from your description.

Thanks aapocketz for the quick reply! Would the curl command work if docker wasn’t configured to expose the port? (new to docker, might be a noob question :slight_smile: )

The curl command may work on your host machine where it can reach the port on the docker network, but the port may not be bound to an external interface on the host machine. My thought was maybe that port isn’t accessible from an external computer on your LAN. If you have another machine, verify the curl command works from there.

Finally figured it out, Windows firewall was blocking the connection. I did two things to fix this:

1. Switched my home network to a “private” one (go to wifi settings for the home wifi and set it to discoverable)
  2. Set windows firewall “Private profile” to allow inbound connections (go to firewall > advanced settings > windows firewall properties > private profile > set inbound connections to allow)

I hope this helps someone else stuck on this step! Thanks aapocketz for all the help