Timer app?

Both if you want to use a switch for both. They can be different. For example, switch A can trigger switch B to turn on. Also, you can pick “off” as the event and turning switch A off will then trigger switch B to turn on. You can select a mode or a routine as a trigger and this app can turn the light on versus the routine, but you still would use your routine to automatically trigger this app.

I think @MadMouse just wrote something for me that should be finished here shortly and it will be a smartapp

Bob
Thanks for this - still learning Core and this was something I was looking for.

I am not sure where you set the the frequency (i.e. do something every x number of minutes)? I am trying to have the ceiling fan to run, as an example, for 5 minutes every 2 hours

Here is a simple timer smart app for switches.

GitHub Link

1 Like

This app is exactly what I want to control a recirculating pump. I am new to this, but would like it to run only while in home mode.

I’ll try to add it tomorrow.

Got close. Added a mode change handler to activate the app when mode changed to Home. However, it would leave the switch in the current state when the mode changed until the mode changed back to Home, then it would pickup the cycle again. Only remedy for this was to turn off the switch in routines, which get triggered anyway based on presence or schedule. Same result, just could n’t figure out how to build it into the app.