Multi Timer switch

I’m not sure if what I’m looking for is a SmartApp but I figured this would be the best place to start. What I would like to have is a device that has multiple “timer” settings on it. An example would be I open up the device and there in standard “on/off” but also a “15 Min” “30 Min” & “60 Min” selection that would turn that switch on for either 15,30, or 60 minutes depending on which option was chosen. Is something like this possible?

I don’t know any smartapps that could do that but you can create 3 virtual switches and tie these switches with your physical switch using SmartThings smart lighting apps for it. Each virtual switch will have its own timer.

1 Like

I’ll give this a shot and see how it works. I was hoping to program a single Device with multiple buttons that did it all from one screen though.

You could do this with a custom virtual device and smartapp combo, especially if you make the virtual device a child device of the smartapp. This way the virtual device can call methods/functions in the SmartApp directly. The SmartApp would take care of linking the virtual device to a real device(s) and making the timer/schedule calls. There might be some complication in managing the schedule jobs depending on how you want the device to function if multiple buttons are pressed (ie. does a button press cancel the old schedule and just start the new one? Or are they separate?)