I am new to house automation, but during the past year I saved some $$ so I could buy some cool stuff for my home, uhulll
As I am new, I decided to post my idea over here just do double check if everything would work as I planned. I know that in real life things don’t go as planned hahaha
I want to avoid having a bunch of different apps on my phone to control different things.
Things I will be buying on Round 1
- Sonos 1 for my room (Play music + alarm clock)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub (Control everything, main hub)
- Logitech Harmony Hub (Control the entertainment system, TV, PS3 and etc…), from what I saw, I can control this hub via the ST Hub
- Philips Hue A-19 (alarm clock and turn them on/off)
- Philips TapSwitch (just want to control the lights without touching my phone)
- Samsung SmartThings Arrival Sensor (know when I get home and play music, turn the lights on/off)
- Samsung SmartThings Outlet (Turn my water boiler on, I love to drink tea
whenever I wake up)
- Door Smart Lock (I haven’t found the perfect one yet)
Things I want to buy on Round 2
- Sonos 1 for my bathroom (Play music)
- iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning
For the Philips Hue, do I need the Philips Hub or can I connect them directly to the ST Hub?
Has anyone used the new ST hub already? From what I read, the old one had some issues with the cloud that the new one wanted to solve.