The cheapest GU10 ZigBee Light-Link bulbs around !?!

Also no way to dim woth just on/off

I think that’s EXACTLY what @R2D2 wanted!

Rather than create a new thread…

Same question, but colour bulbs? I have a nasty feeling its Phillips Hue or nothing.

Cheapest colour zigbee GU10 bulbs are normally the Osram RGBW GU10 bulbs. They are cheaper and smaller than the hue bulbs.

The cheapest I’ve found are from here: http://www.reichelt.com/OSR-99947252/3/index.html?ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=159780&artnr=OSR+99947252&SEARCH=lightify+gu10

Price was a little better before the brexit vote.

1 Like

Oo. Never spotted those before! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I am a bit new to home automation and I just have to ask an off-topic question here since you recommended that light strip solution you are using.

What 20m BOG-standard led strip would you suggest buying that works with the “Dresden FLS-PP Module”? Since Im new i’m not entirely sure what would work.

Would this solution work together?

I currently use philips hue but need like 18m of led strips (living room roof) and dont wanna pay like $500+ for that.

So would really appreciate links to what you would recommend buying that will work well together with my HUB.

Thanks to anyone with any answer that helps! :slight_smile:

As long as you do not exceed the max amperage of the device (max. output current of 6A (max. 72W@12V and 144W@24V) then any bog standard led will work including the one you’ve linked.
I would personally look for a LED strip which is RGBW to give you a little more flexibility with lighting options.

Thanks for your answer! Ofcourse I wanna get RGBW, easy thing to miss that W on the end… :slight_smile:

What do you think about this one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5M-10M-15M-20M-DC12V-Flexible-RGBW-5050-SMD-LED-Strip-Light-Waterproof-2-4G-RGBW/32692587240.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.2.exyv6i&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_1&btsid=97ab881e-4dcf-4a93-bb45-82e61b99f60e

Is it possible to hook it up to the “Dresden FLS-PP Module” and still have the current module its connected to working with the remote? I mean, is there any way to connect it to both in some way? If you know?

Otherwise I’ll just have to disconnect it from that current module and connect it to the “Dresden FLS-PP Module”

I don’t know the actual draw of the LED strip but if it draws anywhere near to capacity of the PSU provided then it’ll exceed the desden’s capability.

Also, unfortunately you cannot have two control modules in place.

1 Like

Ok so in other words its best to just buy a single led strip and the Dresden module? And PSU ofcourse.

Anyone has any recommendations that they have used or see will work well together?

This is a real hassle for me… :frowning:

Gents,

Ha anybody tried

they are £15 smart bulbs? GU10

Is be interested in these to if they work with ST direct without the need for a Hue hub.

I have lightify GU10 but these are much cheaper.
Thanks

1 Like

How many lightify gu10’s have you got? Do any of yours randomly turn themselves on also?

I have 3 all on same light bank/switch it’s for security and just plain white ones. …

Funnily enough they have lately seem to be playing up yes, coming on, showing off in ST app etc.

No, they don’t work direct. Also, they behave very poorly via hue, often not switching off even when hue thinks they are off. I have 5 of them and I personally don’t think they are worth bothering with even if they were £5 each.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see what they say? Any firmware updates for them?

I’ve got 9 of these, 6 in the kitchen and three in a bathroom. All working fine for a number of days via a Hue hub. I saw the behaviour some people have noted with random turn ons etc. in the kitchen, turned out it was the dimmer switch (my plan was just to leave it in place on max). Swapped it out for a normal one and been fine ever since.

My feedback is based on usage since June last year until now. As I said, I would personally not recommend them.

Can you point to any description of how the rocker switch would replace the traditional switch? Wiring diagram etc.? What are you suggesting this switch would do - send a signal to ST to turn it off?