I’m trying this and yeah, it is slow. But I guess slow is better than nothing, something I said about my first car too. I must have some of those 25 minute devices.
One oddity I noticed is that for some reason while it scanned all my devices, only a small subset shows up in the Devices list box. My guess is that either there is some bug in the app as it is just a grouping of like 15-20 devices in the middle of the address range since of the ones listed only a few were ones that it had an update for. Or maybe the app is fine and it’s only showing me the Z-Wave+ devices and not any of the normal Z-Wave devices? Anyone else have anything like that happen or an explanation?
Another question - does anyone know of a list of firmware that is available publicly? I’m not sure how firmware gets included with the tool but I know some manufacturers post it (Aeotec) so I’m not sure if what is there is what HomeSeer could find after searching or simply what they were sent by manufacturers. Regardless, it would be nice if we could collectively compile a list of what is available.
A few things I found in addition to what I recall reading in the thread here:
- It refers to all devices in decimal though in the ST world all are hex so you’ll have to remember that and do a lot of conversions if you’re trying to figure out what device is what
- You can only select identical devices for updating at a time - not a big deal but if you had several groupings you would have to be attentive.
- The app does not seem to tell you what devices need updating nor which ones it has the .hex/.hec file for even though it seems to know this. For instance, with a Leviton switch module, it has an update and it knows it because when you select them, it has the .hec file as the only option listed in the update file dropdown. I suppose that would give you some flexibility to have multiple ones but I’d prefer some automation and convenience. Likewise with say Jasco, if you select them, there is nothing in the dropdown. So it knows what it has and what it can do but doesn’t really help you out.
- For those interested in Schlage, It was unable to scan those devices. Not sure why or if there is some security in the lock to prevent this but all the “IR” (aka Ingersoll-Rand now Allegion) devices seemed to end up this way. Of course there isn’t an update in the tool for that but even so it might mean it wouldn’t work without something additional.
- For Graber / Zebra shades, these devices scan as “Unknown” so I guess the Z-Wave modules in the shades must be pretty primitive. Not sure but once again, no update for them that is public AFAIK.
- While scanning, it may give you several messages like “Cannot reach node 92, will not import any information about this node.” I think this could be a hole in the mesh but this device (after converting to hex) is clearly reachable by ST in my case so not sure exactly what the problem is. I’ll have to investigate a bit. I got that several times and it was for all different types and manufacturers and at varying distances from the hub and other devices (that were scanned ok).