Support for Range Hood needed since the legacy Smart Home app is no longer supported

I recently purchased a Samsung Range Hood that was supposedly compatible with their smart apps and other appliances. Unfortunately, after getting it installed, we discovered that it’s only supported in the Smart Home app which Samsung conveniently discontinued in April, 2020. If I download and install Smart Home, it immediately redirects me to my Smartthings app for controlling appliances, but the Range hood never shows up and the app is basically useless. According to Samsung support, it’s not compatible with Smartthings, so I’d like to request that Samsung port over the code/capability from Smart Home to Smartthings (like they indicated they would do when they discontinued Smart Home). I’m sure I’m not the only customer who is having this issue.

Just to be sure you understand, this is a user-to-user community for discussing SmartThings. It’s not an official Samsung or SmartThings support site.

You might want to make your request via a Samsung technical support phone line or website.

My bad. I thought the features and feedback section was where I could post a request like this. I didn’t have much luck with Samsung support, and couldn’t find anything on their website like a developer forum. Their feedback form was a fire-and-forget type of form which makes me think it’s not exactly monitored by developers. I’m just trying to find a place where the developers frequent and can provide feedback, or even a solution. If anyone knows where I can find such a place, I’d appreciate a reply. Otherwise, please disregard if this isn’t appropriate for this forum. Thanks!

Just wanted to set your expectations.

There are a few developers who hang out here so they may happen across your post. Not sure what they’ll be able to do about it, though. I worked for a large software firm for a couple of decades.

I don’t know which model hood you have from what year but I have this one 36 inch Under Cabinet Hood in Black Stainless Steel Hood - NK36N7000UG/AA | Samsung US and it connects via bluetooth only. Also, it only connects to a cooktop via bluetooth, no ranges supported (unless they added it in the 2020 models idk). So it doesn’t have compatibility with the old smart home app or smartthings unless once it connected to a cook top you could control the fan through the cooktop.

Yep, that’s close to the same model I have (NK36K7000WS/A2). I know it only uses BT to connect to the cooktop, but according to the manual and Samsung support, once the two of them are connected, the hood is supposed to magically show up in the now defunct Smart Home app with full control over the speeds, timer, on/off, etc. I guess they were using the cooktop to proxy it or something, but when they moved everything to Smartthings, apparently this function wasn’t moved along with the others. I’m still trying to find a place online where I can actually chat with developers. Samsung support is a dead end, and I’ve submitted feedback via their website, but it’s a one-way conversation.