Sunrise-Sunset and Calendar functions for edge

Hi Nayely,
Since you say it would be useful to have a Calendar function for automations, added to the time or separately.

I have also missed a presentation for date/time type data entry, as exists in the groovy smartApps

Thanks

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I don’t see this new driver yet

Edit: Disregard, Found it

@Mariano_Colmenarejo this looks great. Only function that I am missing from IFTTT’s Date and Time is Every Day of the Week, where you can select for example every Monday, etc. I think that is also available in Lua.
Great work.
Now I don’t need to depend on IFTTT, as everything is done in house

This is what I was using to reset your Energy Consumption each 1st of the month

1 Like

@milandjurovic71,
As they are independent capabilities you can use the day of the month and the stock time or the custom hour to do it.

I’m glad it’s helpful

1 Like

Any chance you can add week days?

Yuo can use the stock week days functions as precondition with all others conditions

I had it done, but I saw that the stock function worked better

1 Like

You are right.

Ok, so, your request is to have better options to define automation using time as a condition.
Taking your driver into consideration, I can list the following:

• Greater offset for Sunrise and Sunset conditions. That’s already a request (see this post)
  • Select a range of dates or a specific day, month and year for the automation.
    • As part of this, there should be an option to define the specific hour of the day
  • Option to define different intervals, like every two days, even or odd days
  • Be able to select a specific day of the month

Please, let me know other time conditions you’d like to see in automation.

4 Likes

That’s right.

For the time, the function stock specific hour, period… works fine

Being able to choose a specific day of the month is also requested by some users.

There are also users who need to select even or odd days for irrigation, for example

2 Likes

New version of the driver as a virtual device. Virtual Calendar Mc.

I thought it was more difficult to make a virtual device and by modifying the Hello Word stock example it was very easy to adapt the zigbee driver to a new virtual LAN device.

Thank you Smartthings Team for your good work on the LUA libraries, you have made it much easier to do new things with Edge. We criticize you when things don’t work and it’s fair to recognize you when you do it right!

• Install the Virtual Calendar Mc driver in your Hub
  • In the App search nearby.
  • In preferences:
    • Enter the offset of your local time with UTC time
    • Enter the coordinates, latitude and longitude of your location, rounded to 1 decimal. You can get it from Google Maps

Driver version:

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Virtual Calendar Mc                  β”‚
β”‚ Package Key β”‚ virtual-calendar                     β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-11T10:49:35.050606762        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
4 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo @nayelyz is there a way for Mariano to add Time icon to this driver?
Time icon can be found in Routines under IF (conditions)

@milandjurovic71,

For now, Do you like this wine fridge icon highlighted in blue? and you could change it for one of these marked in green

UPDATE: this version has the icons

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Virtual Calendar Mc                  β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-11T13:32:39.681492727        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo
Was hoping that you were going to make this Virtual. This is such a brilliant driver.

I second this comment!

2 Likes

First, THANK YOU! This takes care of the final thing I was previously using Webcore to do.

My initial thoughts for this virtual calendar driver is that I can use it as a trigger with both the month and a date specified so that I can turn a virtual switch On/Off periodically throughout the year, like a semi-annual Virtual Summertime-Wintertime switch.

Also (I’m laughing at myself for even asking), could you make this virtual calendar device a target so that those of us in third world countries like the U.S. that have daylight savings time can create Routine(s) to change the UTC offset of this device using this devices month and day as a trigger?

Update: After setting the UTC offset and Long/Lat settings, it’s a bit off with it’s Sunrise/Sunset times.

Hi @DaWeav,

You must be do a refresh after Change local time Offset

Sorry, I didn’t put a minus sign in the longitude, so now it’s correct. Alexa voice response just told me the number (laughing). Thank you, again!

1 Like

@DaWeav,

In order to automate the summer/winter time change, it would be necessary to change the local time offset preference for a custom capability.
It’s a good idea, I’ll do it :+1:

2 Likes

Those in green look better, especially one on the left, looks more like calendar

2 Likes

Thanks for this driver. Really great work.

One really tiny thing to point out … On the device screen can you capitalize the word β€˜local.’

My OCD is a real pain :weary:

First let me say this is awesome and thank you!

Would it be possible to add a day AND month without the year or allow picking multiple options so that a routine can be triggered annually?
Example: December 25

Again, thank you for all the work you are doing to help everyone!