Suggest a Device

I bet ST as of today “supports” more devices than all three combined.

No doubt about it!! But the bar is quite low at this time!!

is there any possibility to integrate with piper ?

I don’t even think it’s that the quality is missing. I think it’s the “ability to find” that’s missing. As @obycode said, we need a list of user-supported devices as well.

Monoprice Z-wave Curtain Relay Module
(It appears to be same or similar to the rollertrol DCC-ZWAVE-12R module)

Update:
Device driver by @Ash for “Somfy Z-Wave Shades” works !
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/A5HRAJ/SmartThings/master/somfy_shades_beta.groovy

Would you please add support for this device.
It is a generic control for interfacing to curtain controllers
It has 3 individual relay outputs; Up, Stop, Down.

Unfortunately smartthings registers it as a simple z-wave switch.
When turning on or off it cycles through all the 3 relays outputs.

This is the raw description: 0 0 0x1105 0 0 0 5 0x25 0x26 0x70 0x72 0x86

Someone seems to have gotten it working on homeseer, but no response from the person how did it. Seems like it just worked for them.
http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=1193437&postcount=9

1 Like

NuTone NGD00Z

enter link description here

This is the same as the Linear GD00Z, should be working already.

2 Likes

I will add my desire to the growing list of others I have seen here for:
-Nest Products
-Rachio Iro
-My Q/Liftmaster
-Fitbit products
-Arlo cameras

I have not seen requests for these that I’d like to add:
-Foobot indoor air quality monitor
-Bloomsky photo weather station

Appreciate all the work both ST and the community are doing to help us all with our HA obsessions!

1 Like

Would love to see Commercial Electric downlights supported.

I have over a dozen on my Wink Hub and they work great. Trying to migrate to a v2 hub and they’re only recognized as “Smart Outlet V1.” Perhaps I caould at least change device type on IDE? I’m a n00b.

Blossom irrigation controller

1 Like

Nest Protect
Nest Thermostat

3 Likes

I’d like to second the Honeywell Redlink enabled thermostat

Nuvo whole home audio systems.

I third the Honeywell Redlink.
I would also add support for Honeywell (ademco) alarm panels.
I would also like to see better RS232 and similar connections supported with an easy programming code. Pool controls come to mind.
One final thing is the Logitech Harmony remote / hub.

Many of the “Redlink” thermostats are already implemented by a custom device type (search the community for it). However native support would be nice.

@Lars,@obycode, @ben,

My application for a GM developer account to integrate with OnStar was rejected…

Here are the explanations from GM:

On 28 September 2015 at 15:02, Lisa K Reilly lisa.reilly@gm.com wrote:
Hi Yves,

I reviewed your proposal with the team. While everyone was impressed with the concept, there are two issues:

· We are focused on automotive solutions right now.

· There needs to be a solid business case detailing the revenue stream and what our share would be.

I suggest that you stay in touch and we can re-evaluate as we move into non-automotive solutions, and as your business grows.

Lisa

If SmartThings would like this integration (after all there are around 6M OnStar subscribers, even 1% of the customer base would potentially bring 50k new ST customers), I’d suggest that you contact them on your side. I’m pretty sure that there is a business case from the ST perspective.

And, you can subcontract me the development after. I have a good foundation for this development based on my work with the Automatic Connected Car device (see my github below).

Regards.

P.S. For those of you who want this integration, you can try to shoot an email to lisa.reilly@gm.com to make your point…

1 Like

Logitech Harmony already has official integration in both directions for the U.S… You can add SmartThings devices to harmony activities through the harmony app, and you can have harmony activities triggered from SmartThings using a combination of two officially-provided smartapps: “Logitech Harmony connect” and “Logitech Harmony triggers.”

See the following FAQ for details:

If you’re in the UK, you may run into the same authorisation issue that is affecting the IFTTT integration, but they’ve said they’re working on a fix for that.

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Range Extender/Repeater (DSD37-ZWUS)

I have my primary switches in the house already wired for zwave, however there is one switch that is ever slightly out of range. I would love a way to extend the zwave network without needing to install more devices. Something like this I could easily hide behind a couch to ensure connectivity throughout the house.

This already works with SmartThings. It’s identified as a switch but that doesn’t make any difference. Quite a few community members have them.

That said, any mains-powered Z wave device will work as a repeater, so you might prefer to just get a plug-in module. These are often cheaper then the dedicated range extenders these days.

It would be great if there was integration with home alarm systems. I currently have an iSmartAlarm system (https://www.ismartalarm.com/en/) and would like to have my Belkin Wemo Switch connect lights flash when the alarm is triggered. If it could also play the alarm through my Sonos speakers, even better.

Additionally, connection with Chamberlin MyQ garage door openers (http://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-control-products/myq-smartphone-control) to turn on/off lights when I arrive/leave would be a welcome addition.

There is a community development integration with MyQ which is very popular. I’m not sure if it will do what you want, but you might check in that topic: