ST Tracker Anti-stalker Feature?

Rumor is that the long awaited tracker device from Apple will be out soon, and based on stuff people have been finding in the app and the operating system, it’s going to have an anti-stalker feature which will alert someone who has an iPhone if a tracker belonging to someone else (“an unknown person”) has been moving along with them. Like it was stuck on their car or dropped into a backpack or something.

A friend asked me if the smartthings tracker has a similar feature but I don’t recall hearing anything about it. Does anyone know?

@Brad_ST

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder what duration they consider stalking? People on a train would be stuck together a while, would you get an alert then?

2 Likes

I know there’s an option to temporarily turn the alerts off in the phone settings, but I don’t know if there are variable parameters.

One of my other friends said this might be a negative feature if you yourself are putting a tag on something to track if it gets stolen, because then the thief would realize there was a tag attached. Like a bicycle.

1 Like

No, the samsung devices don’t have such a feature

1 Like