[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

There’s nothing to control with buttons - ST sees when they are pressed but ST can’t “turn on” a button or similar. The LEDs should be controllable but that’s about it.

Okay that’s not what I expected but I get it. Unfortunately Home Assistant does not see these buttons as an option that I can find is there something I’m missing for that or is smart things not passing this information to HA?

I don’t use HA but could you create virtual buttons in ST that could be passed to HA?

Il have to see I can learn about virtual switches. I bought the AeoTec hub to hopefully make it just a Z wave hub but I don’t think that’s the case and smart things isn’t passing all the information to HA.

Is anyone else having issues where their Zen16 is going offline ALOT. I can unplug it and replug it in and it will reconnect but goes offline within a day or two.

I even tried removing and reinstalling the device and same results?

I have 3 of them on the most current zooz firmware 1.20 and they have been reliable for quite some time.

In the early parts of this year they were very problematic to the point I just stopped trying to use them.

If you’re not on current firmware it may be worth checking the release notes for the newer versions.

2 Likes

Mine is working as expected, but mine is only a couple feet from my hub.

Thank you for the suggestion. I believe it’s on 1.04 according to what Smartthings is telling me. I’ll have to investigate further.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe my mesh has just gotten wonky on me in the garage where it’s located? I’ll spend a little more effort trying it someplace closer to the hub just to see if it stays connected.

Mine appears to have FW version 1.02.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with my Zen25 after it switched to Edge drivers, along with power reporting being really flaky (which made it useless for my ebike charging needs). While I was away, my wife got frustrated trying to turn on the attached charger and I think pressed the button a bunch of times, and also moved it to a different location. I suspect she pulled a factory reset (have not confirmed that this device has that feature via button presses), or maybe just forced a driver update, because after I reconnected it it to Z-wave, it’s been behaving perfectly for a couple of months and all my power monitoring routines work again.

All that to say - maybe a reset in addition to the remove/reinstall would help.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for replying. I did a reset and set it all back up before. I decided to move it to a new location again. This time out of the garage and closer to the hub where it can still control the garage doors.

It has stayed connected for over 12 hours now, best it’s done in a while. So evidently my mesh in those areas has become poor. It has been in the garage for a long time now, time for a new home till I can find the time to investigate it in more detail.

1 Like

That’s unrelated to the issue you’re seeing…

Zooz Wall Remote

1 Like

I’m having trouble to enroll a new hub to the edge driver channel.
Show: “Forbidden. You do not have permission to access the specified invitation”
I CAN add others Edge Channel, but not zooz.
Any idea what’s the problem?

1 Like
1 Like

Thaks for the update!

1 Like

Same over here !..I purchased 4 Zen30…and they are waiting… Now I am calm down…because I thought was a regional silly stuff from Smartthings, but I think is not…

Can I have an invitation to the zooz channel

It appears that they broke existing invitation urls, but newly created ones work so I just created a new one and updated the link in the first post…

2 Likes