[ST Edge] •• Tasmota Edge •• for Sonoff, Tuya & many other ESP WiFi & HTTP devices - over 2000 Tasmota supported devices

Hi Hongtat,
I was looking at your introduction to Tasmota Edge, as shown below:

I didn’t see any options marked with (#) which are not available. Which options if any are not available?
Barrie

Tasmota Edge Update!

• Added support for 1/2/4/6/8 virtual button/remote - Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
    Virtual 1-Button - Send & Receive IR or RF code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
    Virtual 2/4/6/8 Buttons - Add IR or RF button/remote as SmartThings button/remote

Update will automatically be pushed and installed to your hub. Version: 2022.10

Use the Web Gateway to manage the sending/receiving of IR/RF codes for the button/remote.

To access the Web Gateway, get the Gateway address from the Tasmota Edge device in SmartThings App.

Do note, the Gateway address changes frequently, make sure you get the latest Gateway address from Tasmota Edge device.

For example, it is http://192.168.1.208:44189 (screenshot below); access it on your browser.

1 Like

thanks for the buttons but could we have lables for each button .
ie 1 virtual button has a momentry button but when you use settings and change number of buttons to say 4 you get no momentry buttons so would like momenrty buttons for each and lables if thats possible
thanks
martin

Listed ones are available. Button/Remote is available in version 2022.10.

The label is static, it’s not customizable by user, it is a ST limitation.

Can I check what’s the use-case for momentary button in 2/4/6/8 buttons? Do you want to send IR/RF code?

Hi Hongtat,
Thankyou for including buttons in Tasmota Edge ahead of schedule!

1 Like

yes to send ir code

In a earlier post I was asking for buttons, with no particular action on than indicating open or closed, such as a motion sensor. I could then use this in an ST automation to trigger some other event.

Any plans to add a temp/humidity sensor?

Buttons with contact sensor capability as Alexa trigger? If so, yes. It’s on my to-do.
To use in ST automation, it doesn’t require contact sensor capability. You can already use it in routine.

Is that for Sonoff TH? If so, it is already supported under “Switch” with “TH” profile

1 Like

I do have some of this I will be using. Thanks

I also have an ESP8266 running tasmota with an analog moisture sensor on the analog pin. Any thoughts on getting that in ST? Previously I would have just made a custom DTH to post the analog readout as humidity (moisture sensor).

Hi set the tasmota as a sonoff th
Works great with the edge driver

Tasmota Edge Update!

• Update 1/2/4/6/8 virtual button/remote
    • Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
    • Add IR or RF button/remote as SmartThings button/remote

Update will automatically be pushed and installed to your hub. Version: 2022.10.2

Thanks for the continuous work you do on this Hongtat!
Do you have plans to do some form of implementation around the Sonoff NSPanel, by chance? A Tasmotized panel, that is.

1 Like

Is the Sonoff iFan the only supported device? I have several Treatlife DS02F and DS03 devices I would like to get moved over

In the past, I would have been eager to help develop new device handlers instead of just begging for them. Is there even a reasonable way to do that today with edge drivers? Are these drivers in a github somewhere? To be clear, I mean by adding to the work here instead of starting from scratch

I havent been around for a loooong time but just discovered this Tasmota integration. I love it! took me about a minute to get it working with a wemos D1 and a relay i already had setup. Nice work @hongtat

Is it possible to read the analog input (GPIO 17) with the Sonoff configuration?

Questions on upgrading Tasmota to the latest version:
The release notes mention the migration path. I’m currently on version 8.5.0
Can I go to the latest version from 8.5.0?
A youtube video says I need to go to the minimal version first and then to the full version.
So can I go from 8.5.0 to the minimal latest version and then the full latest version?
Or do I need to go 8.5.0 to 8.5.1 (minimal/full) to 9.1 (minimal/full) to latest version (minimal/full)?

the sonoff sv has gpio17

not sure if it works with edge driver tho

Ok. Got it all added but the driver doesn’t seem to get what it needs from Tasmota though. An analog moisture sensor set Status 10 like: “ANALOG”:{“Range”:45}. If I change it to analog temperature then it shows up as a temperature. I just can’t find a way to get it to show as a humidity on either side.