[ST Edge] How to allow user changing component name

Hi,
Could you please explain what needs to be done in code in order to allow user changing component name.
Naturally, this is of interest for multicomponent devices, specifically for multi gang switches.

I also tried to change the component name by adding ‘label’ tag to component, but it doesn’t work either.
Thanks

2 Likes

@ygerlovin

At the moment, this cannot be done because the structure of device profiles is static, therefore, I recommend keep using your default component labels or have multiple device profiles to handle the differences between device models.

Hi @erickv ,
Thanks for the reply.

What about specifying component name in device_profile.yml?
I’m trying to add label to the component, but it seems it has no effect.

name: zigbee-switch-power-energy-meter
components:
- id: main
  name: "Parent device"
  capabilities:
  - id: switch
    version: 1
  - id: powerMeter
  - id: energyMeter
  - id: temperatureMeasurement
  - id: refresh
  - id: configuration
  - id: healthCheck
  categories:
  - name: Light
- id: switch1
  label: "Gang 1"
  capabilities:
  - id: switch
- id: switch2

I would expect to see “Gang 1” for the first switch, but it still has the default “Switch1” name.
Thanks

Hey, @ygerlovin

Interesting! it seems that Edge has a few metadata inconsistencies around. I’ll run a few tests to determine if the issue is an Edge-specific issue or if it is just on how the SmartThings App is mapping the presentation metadata.

1 Like

@ygerlovin

Apparently, this is a plugin-specific issue where labels are not being prioritized over component Ids. I’ll share this with our team and as soon as I have a resolution, I’ll let you know!

Thanks again, for highlighting this detail!

2 Likes