[ST Edge] Hampton Bay / King of Fans Zigbee Fan Controller

One shows this
Data * endpointId: 01

• manufacturer: King Of Fans, Inc.
  • model: HBUniversalCFRemote
  • zigbeeNodeType: NON_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE
    Raw Description 01 0104 000E 00 07 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 0202 02 0003 0019

The other is this

• application:
  • endpointId: 01
  • firmwareFullVersion: 0000000F
  • firmwareImageType: 0
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4098
  • manufacturer: King Of Fans, Inc.
  • model: HDC52EastwindFan
  • zigbeeNodeType: NON_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE
    Raw Description 01 0104 000E 00 07 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 0202 02 0003 0019

The first one is the only one I have tried

I need to add the first one’s fingerprint. Will do tonight. The second is included already and should work.

I just tried the second one and it worked! :smiley: thank you

2 Likes

Does the first one allow you to change the driver now that it’s (maybe?) connected via Edge?

Just curious, are they outwardly identical models or is the first one something slightly different / from a wink-enabled fan rather than purchased separately as a controller?

The two were actually made by two manufacturers
 Thus the difference in fingerprint but both identical and built exclusively for Wink.

1 Like

If anyone knows of any other fingerprints let me know. I was only aware of the one on the device Mark loaned me.

As far as I know myself, there are only two. But I e been wrong before. Lol

1 Like

So the first one I ordered the second one came with a fan. Yea the first one for now keeps going back to groovy no mater what I do. I think once the fingerprint is updated it will be golden.

2 Likes

Another newbie edge question. If I already have your driver installed and you make changes such as this, do I need to reinstall your driver or does the hub pick up any changes you make?

Edit: The four I have are all the model: HBUniversalCFRemote.

1 Like

You won’t have to reinstall. Driver updates are automatic on all edge drivers

2 Likes

Whenever I update the driver you’ll automatically get the update pushed to your hub. That’s supposed to happen within 12 hours, but it seems to usually be pretty quick. There’s also a way to force the update to your hub if you install the CLI on a computer.

If you’re not happy with the idea of automatic updates, you’re also welcome to download the source code and package your own version of the driver.

1 Like

New version dated 2022-10-22T00:32:32.113984605 is being pushed out:

• Adds HBUniversalCFRemote fingerprint @LadySapphy @5spot
  • Change dashboard tile to display fan speed instead of on/off
  • Breeze mode is now available as one of the fan speed selections in routines
4 Likes

Thank You that worked

2 Likes

Thank you @philh30 for the driver i am very appreciative of it! I have tested it on one of my fans and so far its running great. I just had one question, how do i use voice assistant to turn on/off the fan light? I’m using google assistant and i can get fan commands to work i just can’t figure out how to control the light.

The way ST originally handled multicomponent devices under Edge doesn’t expose them to connected services. They’ve now started implementing a child feature similar to the way they worked in the DTH environment but it’s not clear if it’s fully out yet. In the meantime, you can create a virtual switch and routine(s) to sync it with the light, or add scenes and call those via Google Assistant.

I also used the Virtual Switch and routines to sync them

Thank you for that. I have created a virtual dimmer switch and that has seemed to work albeit without working brightness changing voice commands but should work for now thank you again.

1 Like

I was wondering about that - I’m not sure whether it’s possible to create a routine that syncs dimmer levels between two switches. Have you tried “sync switch” in the new Smart Lighting? I just tried a test but I’m not home so I can’t tell whether the apparent lack of responsiveness is real or just slow updates to my app.

I’m not at home to test but taking a look in smart lighting I’m not seeing this sync switch option.

It’s in the new Smart Lighting app; I don’t think it was set up the same way in the old version. To install it you have to add routine, switch to the “discover” tab, and scroll all the way down (if you’re in a region where it’s enabled).