[ST Edge/Beta] Xiaomi/Aqara/Tuya zigbee sensors driver

Tah, thanks.

So far these drivers seem better than Device Handlers in the IDE.

1 Like

Is there a driver for the aqara fp1? I am not seeing it after the install.

My Aqara RTCGQ11LM work with this driver but the battery level does not work.
Report 0% but is actually 100%

use forum search , it’s like hundred of people ask the question.

Got my hopes up thinking it was an edge driver for this sensor :frowning:

I tried searching but couldn’t find anything. If there is an answer can you give me the link thank you

There is , search for it .
I have 2 working since last year

@Zdrilich how long after pairing did you wait for battery updates?
Usually it is updated within 2 hours

I have the Aqara version of this and it uses the Zigbee Sensors Edge Driver [YG] 1.8.0

All works well, it shows Motion, Illuminance, Voltage, Signal Strength and Battery.

Hope this helps

1 Like

I confirm that it is now working. I didn’t know I had to wait 2 hours to see everything working.

I also configured the door/window sensors, they work fine near the hub but after installing them in the garage and laundry room they don’t detect well
perhaps they are a little far away? what range does zigbee have? shouldn’t it bridge other devices?

You have a link to that driver? Or is that the same one on this thread?

Just checked. That’s the one I have installed. Didn’t do anything. Motion sensor coming up as a thing?

Forums for other home automation platforms have reported that this is a common issue with this device.

If there is something in the environment which is not a person, like a fan, it will not be detected as a person. That’s the good news.

But if a person then walks into the detection area, turning on “presence detected,“ when the person leaves, the fan or other non-person event may be enough to prevent the “human present“ state from clearing.

This appears to be what the “reset no presence” option is for. It clears the “human present “state.

As I mentioned, this seems to be a common issue with this device, regardless of the hub being used. :thinking:

@ygerlovin

3 Likes

If you go to the first page of this post there was a link where you could click on it, sign in with your SmartThings credentials and then add it to your SmartThings Hub.

These have been created through the hard work of Yakov Gerlovin - ygerlovin

The link is

[Channel and Drivers Web UI (smartthings.com)](Channel and Drivers Web UI (smartthings.com))

If you go to the device in the SmartThings app, select it, click on the 3 dots at the top right hand corner of the page, then choose driver, you should have the option (in some instances) to select another driver.

1 Like

That’s the thing, I don’t have the ‘driver’ option.
Just classed as a thing and can’t really do anything with it unfortunately

Good evening. I have installed your driver for the aqara presence detector FP1 device. It works fine except the temperature reading. it is displayed immediately after installation and then always remains the same

1 Like

@GiacomoF
Thank you for the follow up.
It seems the device does not actually measure it, but instead always reports the same value.
I probably should remove it

@jjmucker
What is the fingerprint of your device?
Could you please share a link to the official product page or where you got it from.
I suspect it is unsupported device, probably Mija/Xiaomi, not Aqara

@Zdrilich

What signal strength values do you have for those devices?

As a general rule, Aqara devices should be paired in exact location where they are going to be used or as close to it as possible

I paired them 5 meters away from the hub and then installed them on the lower floor of the house and they don’t work there.
Now I have restored them and tried to pair them in their final location but they are not found by the search :frowning:

I specify that I have another zegbee device on the lower floor of the house that works perfectly

Yea it’s a Xaiomi.